PDS2 Levenda James - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ll ask the question that has been asked over and over on here, what is your sacred PBA rep Lil Nicki doing for you losers ???
    Obviously shes blowing you numb nuts because she sure as hell isnt doing **** for us, shes never there

Unregistered
    Everyone that has quit is all on afternoon shift and it isn’t because they have no seniority. It’s because of Levenda. She’s the worst supervisor ever. She’s rude and has no people skills. Everyone is scared to say anything because they have no seniority. She is unapproachable and talks down to everyone . She looks at her employees like everyone is stupid and she’s thinks she’s Superior. It’s sad how no one has done anything but I guess we can blame them she treats her employees like shit and when anyone from upstairs is on the floor she’s the sweetest person ever she should’ve been an actress. She’s a great supervisor when it comes to procedures and to her job she knows what she’s doing but she has no people skills she’s rude she’s nasty she’s like a child if she doesn’t like you she won’t give you days off she would try to get you in trouble for anything instead of helping you you can’t go to Her to help you with the problem. She’s the most bipolar nasty person ever. I’ve worked with her for over six years and I’ve seen people quit because of her because they have no one to turn to it’s sad. Help communications find a new supervisor that fit for the job
    Place a Donald Trump bubble head on your desk, that will piss her off even more. Lol

Unregistered
    The whole bureau is in shambles. Morale is jokingly horrible across the board. When the tree is bad the fruit from the tree is bad. Surprised? All the issues start from the top and work their way down. There needs to emerge new strong leaders that actually care about the well being of the people. Its bad enough that the job is stressful. Add supervisory drama to the mix? Queue the call out music. Here's a thought put the people first = you fix the problem. The culture needs to change in there starting from upstairs all the way down to the floor but until then don't expect anything or anyone to change at the motel. LOL. Valuable $.02

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

The whole bureau is in shambles. Morale is jokingly horrible across the board. When the tree is bad the fruit from the tree is bad. Surprised? All the issues start from the top and work their way down. There needs to emerge new strong leaders that actually care about the well being of the people. Its bad enough that the job is stressful. Add supervisory drama to the mix? Queue the call out music. Here's a thought put the people first = you fix the problem. The culture needs to change in there starting from upstairs all the way down to the floor but until then don't expect anything or anyone to change at the motel. LOL. Valuable $.02

I agree with your comment and advice completely. Of course CB is in shambles, it always has been, “the floor” does not want management to succeed, and does everything possible to secure that outcome. Morale? The morale is a direct result of the pettiness of, once again, “the floor”, as evidenced by the fact that this thread was even STARTED.

I know the person you are complaining about, she used to work for ME, and the one thing she does have a real problem with is SCAMMERS (who don’t pull their fair share of the weight). So, if you are one of THOSE – yes, you are gonna get “rode hard and put away wet”. She KNOWS her job, and yours, inside and out (and knows when you may be “shorting” it, like they do at the NYSE).

CB had a good major who genuinely cared about the employees BUT the powers that be transferred her. She wanted to stay there and retire from there but for some reason the third floor took a disliking to her (most likely due to “feedback” from “the floor”) and they transferred her. I actually worked at CB under a Commander and 3 Majors. She was by far the BEST (that you guys could have ever hoped for, even if you didn’t know it).

From what I heard, CB was scheduled to get a GREAT major, but due to the long standing reputation you guys have (i.e., “the floor” again), she decided to retire (early) rather than be transferred to CB. Trust me on this one, she worked for me as a detective, she was and is one of the nicest, kindest, most considerate people on earth, she would have been a true blessing for you guys.

And yes, do they need to fix things from the “top on down”, yes they do. But how can anyone expect “them” to do that when absolutely no major WANTS to be there? But don’t lose hope, this desire to not be there may not be a universal sentiment.

“They” make Majors out of Lieutenants all the time in this organization, don’t “they”? There is just such a person in your midst, who is extremely enamored with the technical side of CB and loves it. He is a big believer in CB, at least in every conversation I’ve ever had with him about the place. He too used to work for me, as an FTO Sergeant and was absolutely superb. All the FTOs on his squad loved him, a little too much I thought at the time – but over time I came to understand why – he is very competent (at whatever he is assigned to do) and very straight forward (which most mgmt. people are not). He will give you the correct answer even if he knows that you do not want to hear it, because, let’s face it, the correct answer is: “the correct answer”. So see, there is still hope (for a solution), the powers that be just have to figure that out (perhaps “the floor” can help them with that, as it has done on so many other occasions).

AND, if you will noticed, I have used absolutely NO NAMES in this post (just like the Dolphins Defense when they won back to back Super Bowls---yes I am that old, I remember it in the first person).

I will pray for you guys, you actually are the foundation of what goes on out there in the police world (whether the cops want to admit it or not). I know there are SOME happy/content people there at CB, I’ve seen them with my own 2 eyes, so it is POSSIBLE.

Unregistered
    Obviously shes blowing you numb nuts because she sure as hell isnt doing **** for us, shes never there
    No, she’s too busy blowing Jaramillo! Wake up people now the her job at the PBA is over, she needs to climb the HPOA ladder. She was trained by the best Blanca!

Unregistered
    I agree with your comment and advice completely. Of course CB is in shambles, it always has been, “the floor” does not want management to succeed, and does everything possible to secure that outcome. Morale? The morale is a direct result of the pettiness of, once again, “the floor”, as evidenced by the fact that this thread was even STARTED.

I know the person you are complaining about, she used to work for ME, and the one thing she does have a real problem with is SCAMMERS (who don’t pull their fair share of the weight). So, if you are one of THOSE – yes, you are gonna get “rode hard and put away wet”. She KNOWS her job, and yours, inside and out (and knows when you may be “shorting” it, like they do at the NYSE).

CB had a good major who genuinely cared about the employees BUT the powers that be transferred her. She wanted to stay there and retire from there but for some reason the third floor took a disliking to her (most likely due to “feedback” from “the floor”) and they transferred her. I actually worked at CB under a Commander and 3 Majors. She was by far the BEST (that you guys could have ever hoped for, even if you didn’t know it).

From what I heard, CB was scheduled to get a GREAT major, but due to the long standing reputation you guys have (i.e., “the floor” again), she decided to retire (early) rather than be transferred to CB. Trust me on this one, she worked for me as a detective, she was and is one of the nicest, kindest, most considerate people on earth, she would have been a true blessing for you guys.

And yes, do they need to fix things from the “top on down”, yes they do. But how can anyone expect “them” to do that when absolutely no major WANTS to be there? But don’t lose hope, this desire to not be there may not be a universal sentiment.

“They” make Majors out of Lieutenants all the time in this organization, don’t “they”? There is just such a person in your midst, who is extremely enamored with the technical side of CB and loves it. He is a big believer in CB, at least in every conversation I’ve ever had with him about the place. He too used to work for me, as an FTO Sergeant and was absolutely superb. All the FTOs on his squad loved him, a little too much I thought at the time – but over time I came to understand why – he is very competent (at whatever he is assigned to do) and very straight forward (which most mgmt. people are not). He will give you the correct answer even if he knows that you do not want to hear it, because, let’s face it, the correct answer is: “the correct answer”. So see, there is still hope (for a solution), the powers that be just have to figure that out (perhaps “the floor” can help them with that, as it has done on so many other occasions).

AND, if you will noticed, I have used absolutely NO NAMES in this post (just like the Dolphins Defense when they won back to back Super Bowls---yes I am that old, I remember it in the first person).

I will pray for you guys, you actually are the foundation of what goes on out there in the police world (whether the cops want to admit it or not). I know there are SOME happy/content people there at CB, I’ve seen them with my own 2 eyes, so it is POSSIBLE.
    After all this.....she is STILL rude and nasty to everyone. Nobody is questioning weather or not she knows her job, nobody has an issue with her succeeding. She makes it a point to lord her authority over everyone and thrives on making sure everyone knows she has authority. Nobody deserves to be disrespected and or belittled at work by a supervisor

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

After all this.....she is STILL rude and nasty to everyone. Nobody is questioning weather or not she knows her job, nobody has an issue with her succeeding. She makes it a point to lord her authority over everyone and thrives on making sure everyone knows she has authority. Nobody deserves to be disrespected and or belittled at work by a supervisor

Yes, you have a point. Especially the last sentence. I had a supervisor/Sgt once (thankfully only once) who operated as you describe, and it was very very unpleasant (to the point where other officers would ask him why he was riding me so hard). One time, for 2 and 1/2 straight midnight shifts, I did nothing but transport other peoples 39's because he would always give the dispatcher my unit number. But, I survived the treatment and am stronger because of it, and used it as an example of the type of Sgt/supervisor "NOT TO BE" - I can only hope I was successful in that endeavor.

Unregistered
    Nothing will be done communications is a s*** show . Can’t wait to get out of there.

Unregistered
    I’ve read the different posts on here pertaining to sups, employees having sex etc but that doesn’t really scratch the surface of what’s happening there. Employees are leaving left and right to other agencies. This bureau is a sinking ship and the people in charge are either oblivious to that fact or just don’t care. First off there isn’t adequate staffing. How can you justify having 10-12 employees working on any given Friday or Saturday night in a county of 3 million residents?Employees are over worked with mandating being the norm. God forbid you refuse a mandate for personal reasons or what have you, you can be sure paperwork will follow. Employees are being suspended left and right but no one up in the ivory tower seem to care. Communications is the backbone of this department however they are treated the worst. The brass doesn’t care. The nature of the job as well as being overworked has led to so many employees having medical issues. One minute you’re handling a shooting with your adrenaline being at 100 and once you’re off the call it’s business as usual and on to the next without anytime to digress because supervisors are yelling that calls are holding. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows the health risks of adreline/cortisol raising and dropping constantly during the day. Not to say a breather is needed after every call however attention needs to be given to employees during critical incidents.

Don’t get me wrong we appreciate our jobs and understand what we signed up for but at the end of the day we are humans and expect some level of empathy, support and respect from our immediate supervisors and the chain of command. But I guess that’s expecting too much when the people in admin who are running the bureau don’t really understand the job and can’t do the job. The floor supervisors can give 2 craps about the well being of their employees. Morale is at an all time low. Granted all the dispatchers and call takers do their jobs with the upmost professionalism. Compared to other agencies in Miami Dade MDPD dispatchers and call takers are the best at they’re jobs. At the end of the day communications needs a major overhaul starting with admin.

Unregistered

Exclamation Karma

You all are protected by the whistleblower act. "The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct."

Contact Channel 10 news investigative reporters and tell them about the bullying and disrespect and you will see once news cameras show up there will be changes.

https://www.local10.com/news/investigates

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast