Parkland, Florida High School Shooting.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I remember back in the 90s we use to have to have the trailer system at some high schools. Any chance we can reconsider this program?
    I believe that a Margate D officer lives on school grounds at Douglas.

Unregistered
    Why in the heck would anyone think that FHP would be one of the first responders to an incident like this? We are a traffic-oriented agency and somebody needs to provide traffic control at or near the scene. That is the job of FHP (if called to assist). We have no business actually being on the scene of something like this. Truth hurts, but every agency has a role, and FHP's role is traffic control - take it or leave it.
    Exactly! I’m glad FHP was able to relieve the PSA’s so they could help out closer to the scene.

Unregistered
    Why in the heck would anyone think that FHP would be one of the first responders to an incident like this? We are a traffic-oriented agency and somebody needs to provide traffic control at or near the scene. That is the job of FHP (if called to assist). We have no business actually being on the scene of something like this. Truth hurts, but every agency has a role, and FHP's role is traffic control - take it or leave it.
    If you actually believe this then you should turn in your lieutenant bars and blue lights in exchange for a yellow vest and amber lights. Every law enforcement agency should be ready to be a first responder to something like this. All other agencies use civilians (PSAs) to direct traffic "We have no business actually being on the scene of something like this" is a disgusting philosophy and I wish you were just a troll trying to stir things up. Unfortunately, post-Pulse Nightclub I have every reason not only to believe A. You actually do believe what you wrote and B. You hold a supervisory rank here. Remember, in Orlando, Eatonville PD managed to dispatch both of their officers from over 10 miles away who arrived in time to actually rescue living victims-while we couldn't spare any due to crashes. That I submit competes with Tim Harris for the biggest shame in the 79 year history of our agency. We weren't always of the mindset that somehow we exist on the periphery of the law enforcement community. At one time FHP was a respected and welcomed member. Why we've relegated ourselves over the past 15 years to the outside I don't understand.

Unregistered
    Where was FWC? What about the US Marshals? Oh wait, it wasn't their primary responsibility. If the shooting would have happened on I95, then maybe we would be there .......

School safety is the responsibility of the Sheriff, in my county they have a deputy in all the schools x8. If we are near we would respond, but there are probably 3000 deputies in Broward and 30 Troopers.

What an idiot the original poster is, you can tell he is clueless about FHP.

Unregistered
    If you actually believe this then you should turn in your lieutenant bars and blue lights in exchange for a yellow vest and amber lights. Every law enforcement agency should be ready to be a first responder to something like this. All other agencies use civilians (PSAs) to direct traffic "We have no business actually being on the scene of something like this" is a disgusting philosophy and I wish you were just a troll trying to stir things up. Unfortunately, post-Pulse Nightclub I have every reason not only to believe A. You actually do believe what you wrote and B. You hold a supervisory rank here. Remember, in Orlando, Eatonville PD managed to dispatch both of their officers from over 10 miles away who arrived in time to actually rescue living victims-while we couldn't spare any due to crashes. That I submit competes with Tim Harris for the biggest shame in the 79 year history of our agency. We weren't always of the mindset that somehow we exist on the periphery of the law enforcement community. At one time FHP was a respected and welcomed member. Why we've relegated ourselves over the past 15 years to the outside I don't understand.
    Thing is since 911 never goes to FHP unless the SO puts out a call for help you guys will never even know what's going on. So it would be auper rare for a trooper to ever be a first responder to something like...

Unregistered
    Wise words from a young man named Jack, remind those you know that you love them.

https://youtu.be/N5d3PbWhJmI

Unregistered
    What are you trying to say with your generic response, I'm not allowed to ask a serious question without you coming on here and bashing me? Either come on here with some intelligent content in order to answer my question or stay off the board Lt.
    Generic response...I called you a moron, pretty clear! It was a stupid fkn' question...no one cares!

Unregistered
    Generic response...I called you a moron, pretty clear! It was a stupid fkn' question...no one cares!
    Yet you cared to comment on this thread? How sad.

Unregistered
    Good place to be, since in the history of all the schoolings/active shooters there has never been a secondary attack. But dont worry there will be plenty of traffic control to do on the crime scene for a while.
    What do you want for dinner tonight? I’ll tell your Mom, she’s lying right next to me in bed.

Unregistered
    Where was FWC? What about the US Marshals? Oh wait, it wasn't their primary responsibility. If the shooting would have happened on I95, then maybe we would be there .......

School safety is the responsibility of the Sheriff, in my county they have a deputy in all the schools x8. If we are near we would respond, but there are probably 3000 deputies in Broward and 30 Troopers.

What an idiot the original poster is, you can tell he is clueless about FHP.
    Good thing it wasn’t on I95! You don’t even have long guns anymore! Haha!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast