10 fired and anonymous complaints (article in Press Gazette)
Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Unregistered

10 fired and anonymous complaints (article in Press Gazette)

I have no problem with getting rid of the bad apples. The problem I have is the anonymous complaints. I encourage every deputy to read FSS 112.523, officer bill of rights. This law is there to protect you and what is required of the department investigating you; to include the complainants name, witness statements, video, gps or anything material that can be used against you before you are questioned. Anonymous complaints are not the way this works. Furthermore, FDLE does not do internal investigations for an agency. FDLE merely holds quarterly hearings to determine if the officers certification will be maintained, revoked, suspended, etc. after the agency reports any sustained findings on the CJSTC form.

Unregistered

10 fired and anonymous complaints

I Have no problem with getting rid of the bad apples. The problem I have is the anonymous complaints. I encourage every deputy to read Fss 112.523, officer bill of rights. This law is there to protect you and what is required of the department investigating you, to include the complainants name, witness statements, video, gps or anything material that can be used against you before you are questioned.

Unregistered

Bad Info

The funny part is it was said that they will forward it to FDLE to investigate 😂😂😂😂. FDLE does not investigate internal affairs issues and in the course of a legitimate IA; If there is any information that surfaces that could be criminal, then the investigation stops and it goes to the SAO. There are so many things wrong with that release in the Press Gazette. Go ahead and tell a deputy you are doing a full blown IA on him or her based off of an anonymous complaint. Hopefully you will get a subject officer that is familiar with the police officer bill of rights and they tell you to pack sand. Absolutely investigate allegations and get rid of the bad apples but not based off of an anonymous complaint. That would mean that any citizen could make up a story simply because they didnt like the officer. This could be setting good officers up for failure. Believe it or not.......citizens will lie and make up things about officers especially since they know they are anonymous.

#knowtherules
    #researchbeforemediarelease
    #112violation

Unregistered
    Good luck fighting the machine. If the conglomerate is after you, good luck. You piss off one, the entire admin goes to battle stations. BJ writes opinions as if they were facts, and assumptions as if they are reality.

Unregistered
    Obviously you are not a cop, or not a very good one. Anonymous complaints are investigated every day, in every police agency, in every state. Complaints alledging officer wrongdoing can be formal (written and sworn), informal, or anyonymous. All complaints must be addressed. Many are discarded because they are obviously baseless or there is not enough information to conduct an investigation. No matter the source, if the allegation containes information that can be followed up on to produce facts, there is nothing improper about it.

Unregistered

10 fired and anonymous complaints

The whole article is a joke. A complaint was placed against the Chief Deputy about a woman friend leaving the scene of an accident with injury (felony for you that dont understand) she spent the day at his farm and later spent the night at one of his residence. But all was found was Jim Spencer is a good guy. This article is nothing but damage control because this is comming out stay tuned.

Unregistered
    How is it leaving the scene of an accident when Chief Tindell said she was cited for failure to yield rightof way? I smell bull shih because someone didn't like how things were handled.

Unregistered
    She was mailed that citation after they figured out who she was later All you have to do is listen Chief Tindell also said they had all info listen to testimony and hear different.

Unregistered
    She was cited after the fact by mail after she was Identified Chief Tindell said, come on he also said his officers had all her info and that was a proven lie just listen to the facts. But go ahead flunky take up for the corruption.

Unregistered
    I'm not taking up for corruption Gallagher.

"The woman involved in the accident was observed by officers at the scene and did not show signs of intoxication, and she received a citation for not yielding to the right of way, Tindell said. The only information the woman didn’t give the police was her insurance information, according to Tindell."

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast