In Defense of SOT

SOTSOUTH

In Defense of SOT

It's painful to read all the negative posts about SOT but it's not the fault of the individual members. I begrudgingly agree that a lot of the comments about SOT are true. I think there are other units that bust their ass that should have gotten the 5% first. It would have opened the door for us to hopefully get it also (maybe). As I stated, I think many of the negative comments are true, but it's not the individual members fault. We ARE always getting fancy new uniforms, guns equipment and gear. We don't ask for this though. We just get the gear issued to us. It does seem strange and unfair that the regular agents get no new gear. We do seem to not participate in in region high risk activities. We could help out in arrests, tracking and surveillance of potentially violent subjects more. My friends have told me they stopped asking for SOT because they were always told it doesn't meet the checkoff list for SOT. It can't always be all or nothing. The members do want to help out and would participate in 2 to 4 man cover teams in these instances (if team leadership allowed it). It's the elephant in the room thats the issue. It's disastrous team leadership that management just keeps turning a blind eye to and hoping it goes away.

Copenhagen

Unstable

There is no pre-planning or anything educational in SOT South training. Just some sh#t he made up the same day so we can show 8 hours training. Shield training and room clearing training is set up to make you fail to boost his ego resulting in the TL losing his temper and showing how emotionally unstable he is.

He often overlooks errors made by the old guys but the newer guys get the full blown temper tantrem.

Unregistered
    Fancy new gear? What am I missing. My office is full of old outdated cars

Unregistered
    True FDLE brotherhood..this is a team, sounds like some disgruntled guys. I'm sure he didn't complain when he got 5%.. or maybe he thought he deserved 10.