Politics Rules Performance Doesn’t
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Politics Rules Performance Doesn’t

Got love this office when you go into a meeting with the major of the specialty teams and he tells the supervisors to get rid of anyone who is disloyal n asking too many questions. Not get rid of someone for lack of job performance but cuz of politics. Aren’t we suppose to be protecting and serving not get CC elected. This place is pitiful and if the citizens only knew how things really were they would be outraged.

Unregistered
    It's been like this for 170 years. Why should this "election" be any different?

The man wants that major promotion to be permanent.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Got love this office when you go into a meeting with the major of the specialty teams and he tells the supervisors to get rid of anyone who is disloyal n asking too many questions. Not get rid of someone for lack of job performance but cuz of politics. Aren’t we suppose to be protecting and serving not get CC elected. This place is pitiful and if the citizens only knew how things really were they would be outraged.

I had a separate, but related, conversation with some supervisors the other day. I brought to their attention that senior deputies, the "slugs," have not been given the motivation to go above and beyond. There is absolutely nothing the S.O. does to motivate these "slugs" to kick ass they way they did during their younger years.

Why should these senior deputies continue to go above and beyond, when they've been shown, over their entire careers, that hard works gets them nothing? Since these deputies know that no matter what they do, or do no do, they will be in the same position for the remainder of their careers.

One supervisor brought up the "Master Deputy" pay, to which I just laughed. A measly $3,000 doesn't cut it. $3,000 after taxes, Social Security, Medicare, Etc. Etc. Etc. becomes pennies. Pennies to be someones *****h....uhhh no thanks.

Another supervisor then said that a transfer to a desired position is always possible, no matter how many times you may have passed up before. And, to that comment, even the other supervisor started laughing. That was classic!

So, C.C., this question is for you; Why should the slugs, who do their jobs but not much more, do anything else? What motivation are you providing, Sheriff?

Unregistered
    That the best CC could do for the major of hsd. We are in trouble. Guy is incompetent and way over his head. Thats why so many people are talking about voting for Gary Pruitt. Time for change. Same old same old is not cutting it. At least Pruitt has said he will allow us to vote for a union and except the results.

Unregistered
    That the best CC could do for the major of hsd. We are in trouble. Guy is incompetent and way over his head. Thats why so many people are talking about voting for Gary Pruitt. Time for change. Same old same old is not cutting it. At least Pruitt has said he will allow us to vote for a union and except the results.
    Yes Mr. Pruitt would make a great sheriff. You can tell by his picture that he means business because he has a shaved head and looks “hard”. He can intimidate the county commission into approving the budget by looking at them real tough and citing his experience as an illegal dumping detective. Can you imagine the BIG raises he will get for us?!

Unregistered
    Great subject! You read my mind. I personally am one of the people that try to bring moral issues up all the time to the supervisors. I have been made a black sheep long ago because of it. I tend to stick with issues regarding making this job more enjoyable and sustainable over three decaced, which it is not. Front line supervisors are terrified and have to prove themselves to the brass how they have disconnected from the deputies. In a nut shell, we are alone with no voice. The HCSO looks out for anyone over the rank of deputy. Deputies are the punching bag and here to be burned as an example to save the agency. Think how many types of groups of people out there have a voice to stand up for their rights regarding race, sex, sexual orientation, and so on... The HCSO has its teams to protect itself. How about us? The front lines? There is no point in doing anymore than the minimum here. Nothing and I mean NOTHING good is noticed. I give it %100 for my pay and that is it. These poor new guys that come in 30 min early, miss lunch, bury themselves in cases, and go home hours late are going to have a rude awakening when they burn out in less than 10 years. The only reason why they work so hard is to GET OFF PATROL! Once they cant, its done, they become slugs. So either make patrol better by fully staffing it, or create more oportunities for us nobodies to progress. There is a stigma about cops having a high suicide, alcoholism, and divorce rate. The public is made to think it is because of all the “bad stuff we see.” They have BS “solutions” for it like EAP, awareness classes, and so on.. Its not the main job that causes these issues per say. It is the over exposure due to poor staffing, poor leadership, no support, no positive rienforcement, and the political garbage. Its all internal and CAN be fixed. These idiots do not give one crap about us, SO I dont give one crap back. Slugs are made by poor leaders. There is zero motivation here. The only time some of us start giving a bit more effort, it is because we were threatened with some type of punishment... negative rienforcement. After a while, as a defense mechanism, you have to stop caring.

Unregistered
    Yes Mr. Pruitt would make a great sheriff. You can tell by his picture that he means business because he has a shaved head and looks “hard”. He can intimidate the county commission into approving the budget by looking at them real tough and citing his experience as an illegal dumping detective. Can you imagine the BIG raises he will get for us?!
    It not about raises. I would take a paycut for better leaders!

Unregistered
    Great subject! You read my mind. I personally am one of the people that try to bring moral issues up all the time to the supervisors. I have been made a black sheep long ago because of it. I tend to stick with issues regarding making this job more enjoyable and sustainable over three decaced, which it is not. Front line supervisors are terrified and have to prove themselves to the brass how they have disconnected from the deputies. In a nut shell, we are alone with no voice. The HCSO looks out for anyone over the rank of deputy. Deputies are the punching bag and here to be burned as an example to save the agency. Think how many types of groups of people out there have a voice to stand up for their rights regarding race, sex, sexual orientation, and so on... The HCSO has its teams to protect itself. How about us? The front lines? There is no point in doing anymore than the minimum here. Nothing and I mean NOTHING good is noticed. I give it %100 for my pay and that is it. These poor new guys that come in 30 min early, miss lunch, bury themselves in cases, and go home hours late are going to have a rude awakening when they burn out in less than 10 years. The only reason why they work so hard is to GET OFF PATROL! Once they cant, its done, they become slugs. So either make patrol better by fully staffing it, or create more oportunities for us nobodies to progress. There is a stigma about cops having a high suicide, alcoholism, and divorce rate. The public is made to think it is because of all the “bad stuff we see.” They have BS “solutions” for it like EAP, awareness classes, and so on.. Its not the main job that causes these issues per say. It is the over exposure due to poor staffing, poor leadership, no support, no positive rienforcement, and the political garbage. Its all internal and CAN be fixed. These idiots do not give one crap about us, SO I dont give one crap back. Slugs are made by poor leaders. There is zero motivation here. The only time some of us start giving a bit more effort, it is because we were threatened with some type of punishment... negative rienforcement. After a while, as a defense mechanism, you have to stop caring.
    I still don't understand how patrol is such a nightmare for you complainers. You get paid $80,000+ plus excellent benefits and retirement to handle some calls and write a report or two per shift. If your poor attitude and lack of ability to spell the words in your post is an example of your work performance, then I see precisely why you are going to keep riding patrol for the rest of your career. Your simple-minded point of view doesn't account for agency-wide factors and external pressures the command staff must account for. I'm excited for the continued improvements Sheriff Chronister and his staff intend to make, and I'm even more happy to see he is making calculated decisions to bring improvement for years to come. The typical complainer on this site focuses on "me me me" and "now now now", rather than understanding concepts of strategic planning that will keep employing you whiners for years to come.

No, I'm not politically connected and no, I do not work a nice desk job. I do have the intelligence and experience to understand how large entities function (whether government or private), and I know I won't get everything I want when I want it. What I do expect is for our command staff to offer the best possible work environment given the best possible compensation package, with the foresight to sustain these benefits for many years to come. While you are complaining about today, they are planning for events years ahead of your whining.

Unregistered
    You are clearly experiencing a severe emotional crisis. Because of your paranoid delusions, you may not feel comfortable seeking help through the Employee Assistance Program. You may not seek help through EAP, but please seek help somewhere.

Unregistered
    I still don't understand how patrol is such a nightmare for you complainers. You get paid $80,000+ plus excellent benefits and retirement to handle some calls and write a report or two per shift. If your poor attitude and lack of ability to spell the words in your post is an example of your work performance, then I see precisely why you are going to keep riding patrol for the rest of your career. Your simple-minded point of view doesn't account for agency-wide factors and external pressures the command staff must account for. I'm excited for the continued improvements Sheriff Chronister and his staff intend to make, and I'm even more happy to see he is making calculated decisions to bring improvement for years to come. The typical complainer on this site focuses on "me me me" and "now now now", rather than understanding concepts of strategic planning that will keep employing you whiners for years to come.

No, I'm not politically connected and no, I do not work a nice desk job. I do have the intelligence and experience to understand how large entities function (whether government or private), and I know I won't get everything I want when I want it. What I do expect is for our command staff to offer the best possible work environment given the best possible compensation package, with the foresight to sustain these benefits for many years to come. While you are complaining about today, they are planning for events years ahead of your whining.
    It's not that patrol is a "nightmare." That's not it at all. Helping people is what we love to do. However, the "nightmare" is working your ass off year after year, decade after decade, and seeing people who are friends with or related to the Chief, lesbians, minorities, etc., who haven't put a fraction of the work in that you have, getting the transfers and/or promotions.

It's being lied to for years or decades, being told if you do such and such, if your stats reflect such and such, you will have preference in the transfers.

It's the office not having your back when sppit hits the fan. It's having the Chief announce on television that a deputy is guilty of something before an investigation takes place (kinda like FBI director Comey wrote the pardon for Hillary Clinton before an investigation took place), just 2 examples of that -- The wheelchair incident in the jail (Charlotte), and the Barely Used Auto Parts incident...

It's being forced to write reports for non-law enforcement related incidents (a conservative estimate would be that at least 80% of our documentation and investigating has nothing to do with laws being broken). It's running around all day long with absolutely no break what so ever (A 12 hour shift was never meant to be balls to the walls for 12+ hours every day, every month, every year). It's getting a 3 hour goat rope call(not including drive time to impound evidence and other administrative tasks required to be done before you log off) 30 minutes before you log off. And on top of that, the 3 hour goat rope you just got, once again, has nothing to do with a criminal statute being violated. But we must CYA because "what if..." Well gotdayum son, what if the world ended tomorrow....jiminee friggin christmas

There's so much buullsppit that happens mostly to patrol deputies then can be mentioned here, but these are part of the everyday life on patrol. Recently though, with the renistatment of afternoon the deputies, we are beginning to see a little bit of relief. And, for that I thank you C.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast