Raise for CPO taken out of State budget.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Raise for CPO taken out of State budget.

Once again, the raise for the COP's has been remived from the current budget. So, the Corrections Officers are making more biweekly than the CPO's in Florida. And all you need for them is a GED.

Unregistered
    Lets not forget DOC stealing our annual leave after they told use not to come to work after the Hurricane Irma.

Unregistered
    When will CPO's get the balls to fight for themselves?

Unregistered
    My office is being decimated. We lost two senior officers in a week. Due to poor pay and horrible leadership. Nobody cares as the ship sinks

Unregistered

Screwed

The House budget contains 7% increase for all state LE (excluding Corrections/probation) and an additional 3% for those that have 10 years in. The Senate has 7% for same group that have over 10 years in. ZERO for probation. Same union advocating for all. Last year not only did probation miss out on a raise CO’s received but so much more significant is that all the CO broadband classes went up 10% so you pretty much will make the same as you promote. This is an absolute injustice and one you would think could be easily corrected. Marcus LOVES feeling important but she is dumb as a box of rocks. I have never seen probation as bad off ever. Parity with CO’s now? Hell if the CO has a bachelors degree, they make more than you. However no one wants to do anything. They do it to you and so easily because they never have to face you. Kimberly Schultz was your most zealous advocate you ever had but she would go up all the time and no one would come along so she isn’t wasting her time this year unless a crap load of officers contacts her and commits to go to Tallahassee. So either go to Tallahassee or don’t ever complain about the shit money you make.

Unregistered

Kim For PBA President. It is your only hope.

Tammy is the same old same old PBA , want something new get something new. If Kim Were to run for president of PBA I not only would work to get her in office I would throw money in to do it . We can not go back to teamsters but if we are stuck w PBA then we need Kim. I retire in 4 months so it doesn't matter to me . Having said that you all are fools if you vote for Tammy . She is Gil incarnate.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tammy is the same old same old PBA , want something new get something new. If Kim Were to run for president of PBA I not only would work to get her in office I would throw money in to do it . We can not go back to teamsters but if we are stuck w PBA then we need Kim. I retire in 4 months so it doesn't matter to me . Having said that you all are fools if you vote for Tammy . She is Gil incarnate.
    Many of us were at sub committee meetings when Kim spoke. We all heard her pull numbers and stats from thin air. She once said in a committee meeting that PO's could not live on a starting pay of 39k. I do not know about you, but I didn't start at 39k. Did you? And lets not forget another comment she made that cpo's are over worked with caseloads of 70 cases. Hey Kim, I am a CPO and my caseload is well over 100 active. If she is our only hope, we are so screwed. Time for many of us to look elsewhere.

Unregistered
    The House budget contains 7% increase for all state LE (excluding Corrections/probation) and an additional 3% for those that have 10 years in. The Senate has 7% for same group that have over 10 years in. ZERO for probation. Same union advocating for all. Last year not only did probation miss out on a raise CO’s received but so much more significant is that all the CO broadband classes went up 10% so you pretty much will make the same as you promote. This is an absolute injustice and one you would think could be easily corrected. Marcus LOVES feeling important but she is dumb as a box of rocks. I have never seen probation as bad off ever. Parity with CO’s now? Hell if the CO has a bachelors degree, they make more than you. However no one wants to do anything. They do it to you and so easily because they never have to face you. Kimberly Schultz was your most zealous advocate you ever had but she would go up all the time and no one would come along so she isn’t wasting her time this year unless a crap load of officers contacts her and commits to go to Tallahassee. So either go to Tallahassee or don’t ever complain about the shit money you make.
    And why is the House Bill giving all LEO's a 7% raise and Probation is not a part of it? Because you Florida Probation Officers are not Certified LEO's. That is why. My God, get it through your thick stupid heads. If you want to be a Certified LEO and stay in the Probation field, come and work in Ohio where we are LEO's and not social workers.

Unregistered
    And why is the House Bill giving all LEO's a 7% raise and Probation is not a part of it? Because you Florida Probation Officers are not Certified LEO's. That is why. My God, get it through your thick stupid heads. If you want to be a Certified LEO and stay in the Probation field, come and work in Ohio where we are LEO's and not social workers.
    So you work in Ohio? And you have nothing better to do but come on a Florida law enforcement web site? What a loser.

Unregistered
    Many of us were at sub committee meetings when Kim spoke. We all heard her pull numbers and stats from thin air. She once said in a committee meeting that PO's could not live on a starting pay of 39k. I do not know about you, but I didn't start at 39k. Did you? And lets not forget another comment she made that cpo's are over worked with caseloads of 70 cases. Hey Kim, I am a CPO and my caseload is well over 100 active. If she is our only hope, we are so screwed. Time for many of us to look elsewhere.
    Hey Kimmie, my caseload is over 115 cases and growing because officers are quitting in my office because they qualify for food stamps. Another reason I will not join PBA, they are worthless like any union in Florida. And of course Jones is silent about giving us a pay raise, what else is new?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast