Retreads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retreads

Unregistered

Retreads

What must you do to come back to FHP once you retire reference requirements??

Unregistered
    You must be drunk or high right now.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You shall have an IQ under 80. You must chew tobacco. You must be under investigation, or resigned while under investigation from a real law enforcement agency. You must test positive for Herpes, Clamidia, venereal brain coral or sabre toothed crotch crickets. You must have at least two ex wives who are S20. You must have or are willing to get tattoos of scorpions, tribal flames, skulls, anchors, "Mom", "Harley" etc.

Unregistered
    Call 850-617-2315 if you want real answers.

Unregistered
    Don't bother. I tried to come back after retirement, I never actually left the agency as I stayed on in the reserves. They were going to make me do the whole application packet to include the physical fitness test as if I was new to the agency. So retarded. I could take a car out and patrol, write tickets and work crashes as reserve but had to jump through hoops if I wanted to get paid again. Needless to say I never responded back to Crotta or Scheetz.
    Don't know who is in charge now or if that is still the same policy...
    And before any of you start on about not being able to pass the pfit that is most definitely not the case...

Unregistered
    Don't bother. I tried to come back after retirement, I never actually left the agency as I stayed on in the reserves. They were going to make me do the whole application packet to include the physical fitness test as if I was new to the agency. So retarded. I could take a car out and patrol, write tickets and work crashes as reserve but had to jump through hoops if I wanted to get paid again. Needless to say I never responded back to Crotta or Scheetz.
    Don't know who is in charge now or if that is still the same policy...
    And before any of you start on about not being able to pass the pfit that is most definitely not the case...
    How dare they ask you to complete an application! What a hard task! An updated background investigation is required. Something tells me they didn’t want ya which was the real issue.

Unregistered
    How dare they ask you to complete an application! What a hard task! An updated background investigation is required. Something tells me they didn’t want ya which was the real issue.
    If the dude is already Reserve and active there should be no reason at all to do any of that nonsense a simple status change should be all thats required!!

Unregistered
    If the dude is already Reserve and active there should be no reason at all to do any of that nonsense a simple status change should be all thats required!!
    Educate yourself on the process and find out why it’s that way. Who knows, you might just get enlightened.

Unregistered
    Educate yourself on the process and find out why it’s that way. Who knows, you might just get enlightened.
    So enlightened one? The State of Florida trusts this person to do the exact same job as a full-time trooper for FREE and even employs them as such in a reserve capacity. But yet when they want to again get paid to do it they should have to jump through a ton of hoops? Reserve same authority, same uniform, so everything minus the paycheck.. Now are you starting to see the reason this makes no sense?

Unregistered
    I can see doing another background check...maybe...credit check maybe.... They don't let everyone into the reserves after retirement. Many are denied a reserve appointment. If the col lets you in then you are well thought of and were not a slug.
    Everything on the application is the same as the original with the exception of being employed for the last 25+ years by the FHP.
    They have your personnel records as well. All that shit they ask prior LEO's on the app is in your file. Its just a real stupid process.
    Maybe they should do backgrounds on everyone every year. There are plenty of Troopers employed that have filed bankruptcy and let houses go into foreclosure etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast