Quick Troop/Zone Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great info. Thanks again guys for elaborating.

My zone partner and I were talking about it recently and neither one of us were sure about it but can FHP just up and tell you, "Hey we need you up here in, I dunno, Tallahassee" (or whatever) And you have to move your whole family there? I feel like if that's possible for them that would be a huge turn off for some people applying to be a trooper. If your wife or S.O has a career and your kids are rooted in school. We weren't sure how that worked.
    No. Not permantly, they can for special details and emergencies. We have a union and procedures that have to be followed.

Unregistered
    Rhodes will try. Stepp (nobody had ever figured out her value to the agency) will support Rhodes. The statutes say you can’t be involuntarily transferred more than 50 miles. You challenge it at PERC and force the agency to defend its violation of your rights. They can’t. But Rhodes and Stepp couldn’t care less about FHP, so they’ll try it and just hope you’ll go away. Don’t, because you’ll win and they’ll look worse than normal.

Unregistered
    No. Not permantly, they can for special details and emergencies. We have a union and procedures that have to be followed.
    Ah, ok. Makes sense. I figured there had to be something there that protected you guys from something like that.

Unregistered
    Do you work for FHP? “My zone partner.”
    I work for an SO in N. FL. We try to help you guys out as much as we can since we know how overworked you are.

Unregistered
    Broward had 6 on last week Wednesday on nights. 3 on the Pike and 3 on 95/595.
    Uh where are you getting your info from? Davie probably had twice that amount on nights, I know because I’m one of them. Not sure about the Broward Turnpike numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12