Quick Troop/Zone Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Quick Troop/Zone Question

When assigned a troop location, do troopers pick which county they want too or just the troop and the county is assigned by the brass?

Unregistered
    Troopers are assigned a city of assignment, which then places most to that specific county. Zones are scheduled as needed by local supervisors.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Troopers are assigned a city of assignment, which then places most to that specific county. Zones are scheduled as needed by local supervisors.
    Thanks bud. I was just curious when I see troopers running traffic in areas that seem like it takes hours to get to if that's something that they have to drive everyday or if they have free run of the entire troop. Thanks for the clarification.

Unregistered
    Your joking right? When you only have one trooper working they no longer have a zone. They take care of the whole county. What a JOKE!!!

Unregistered
    Your joking right? When you only have one trooper working they no longer have a zone. They take care of the whole county. What a JOKE!!!
    Yeah, that's what I'm seeing everywhere. Sad to see. We have a lot of respect for you guys at my agency. The epitome of overworked and underpaid.

Unregistered
    Broward had 6 on last week Wednesday on nights. 3 on the Pike and 3 on 95/595.

Unregistered
    When assigned a troop location, do troopers pick which county they want too or just the troop and the county is assigned by the brass?
    As previously mentioned, we are assigned a city of assignment. That city we are assigned could be in a district that covers four counties. It is not uncommon to only have 1 or 2 troopers working four counties. The supervisors within the district will make zone assignments. Just because one is assigned a city on paper, does not necessarily mean they will work that city/county.

Unregistered
    Thanks bud. I was just curious when I see troopers running traffic in areas that seem like it takes hours to get to if that's something that they have to drive everyday or if they have free run of the entire troop. Thanks for the clarification.
    The Alley is an example of this. The Troopers out there in the middle of no where doing speed work are from Naples and Broward. They do drive out there from their respective areas.

Believe it or not the Alley zone on the Broward side is usually only staffed by one Trooper. On Holiday weekends they will staff it with two or three. Pretty much the same with Naples.

Take care!

Unregistered
    The Alley is an example of this. The Troopers out there in the middle of no where doing speed work are from Naples and Broward. They do drive out there from their respective areas.

Believe it or not the Alley zone on the Broward side is usually only staffed by one Trooper. On Holiday weekends they will staff it with two or three. Pretty much the same with Naples.

Take care!
    Great info. Thanks again guys for elaborating.

My zone partner and I were talking about it recently and neither one of us were sure about it but can FHP just up and tell you, "Hey we need you up here in, I dunno, Tallahassee" (or whatever) And you have to move your whole family there? I feel like if that's possible for them that would be a huge turn off for some people applying to be a trooper. If your wife or S.O has a career and your kids are rooted in school. We weren't sure how that worked.

Unregistered
    Great info. Thanks again guys for elaborating.

My zone partner and I were talking about it recently and neither one of us were sure about it but can FHP just up and tell you, "Hey we need you up here in, I dunno, Tallahassee" (or whatever) And you have to move your whole family there? I feel like if that's possible for them that would be a huge turn off for some people applying to be a trooper. If your wife or S.O has a career and your kids are rooted in school. We weren't sure how that worked.
    Do you work for FHP? “My zone partner.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast