NY looking to Head South
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

NY looking to Head South

Thanks for taking the to read this post.

I'm a NY Cop looking to head down to the area. I was reading some of the posts from 2017 and curious on how the Department is doing now? I get their is those who hate it and those who love it. Same shi- here and probably everywhere.

I'm curious if you can afford to live or do you need to work a 100 hours of overtime to live?
    Is housing affordable off of income?
    Does the Department support it's Officers?
    What's the Shift scheduling like?
    How's equipment?
    Training?

Is that true I read on a few posts about going to an event in Uniform and not being armed? Please tell me that's not real.

I truly appreciate the time anyone takes in replying.

Be Safe out There

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I'm a NY Cop looking to head down to the area. I was reading some of the posts from 2017 and curious on how the Department is doing now? I get their is those who hate it and those who love it. Same shi- here and probably everywhere.

I'm curious if you can afford to live or do you need to work a 100 hours of overtime to live?
    How's equipment?
    Training?

Is that true I read on a few posts about going to an event in Uniform and not being armed? Please tell me that's not real.

Be Safe out There
    "Time". Damn first post and failed. It's sex all over again lol

Unregistered

Don't do it

While some basic needs have been taken care of over time in terms of equipment the rest of the issues are just staggering. First, you will not be paid for your prior experience. So, it's affordable income if you are single with no financial obligations. Otherwise, you'll see your kids when they are 18... Morale is in the negative range. You can and will be persecuted for every little thing like Salem witch. You sure can get training around here if you spend enough time on your knees in the right crown and puckering up to anything that remotely resembles an ass. Finally, this department is on the shit list everywhere as most of the assessment being kissed are corrupt to the point of chief replacement...you will not be able to find a job anywhere else after working here as you will be forever "dirty". My sincere advise.... literally ANYWHERE else!

How's equipment?
    Training?

Be Safe out There

Unregistered
    Don't do it. Apply at the county. Insurance is so much cheaper for you're family. equipment is up to date. At fmpd you will have to drive you're personal vehicle for 3-5 years to work every single work day, along with every day off that you choose to work a detail or overtime. And yes it's true there are community events where they want officers not having their guns because they are threatening to certain people. It's pretty much what you hear and see at liberal colleges across the nation. That thinking has infiultrated this department.

Unregistered
    Even applying at the department can get you labeled as dirty. There is something seriously wrong in their heads there. Majority of us would leave, if we could.

Unregistered

Apply to Hendry County

Ask for Michelle Sweaty Mumbles or Captain Tampax. Chances are you can do lateral to Lt. We boast coverage one Lt for 3 deputies! It's sweet.

Unregistered

Thank you

I appreciate the feed back. I’m already in Liberal NY and even there our Chief would NEVER send us into a situation in Uniform unarmed. Thank you for letting me know about the time (not being paid for) and family. I’m not looking to never see the family and work in a situation where Officers are not trained or supported.

Be Safe All and Thank You for the replies.

Unregistered
    There are other good departments down here. We just got stigmitized and the 'fix' has been a witch hunt. Be safe and welcome to FL when the time comes

Unregistered
    This department has a cop for a certain part of the community that all she does in sing in chorus and attend community events with juveniles. She literally does nothing Police oriented. I am not sure why she isn't employed by the city as a social worker type. Her salary could be used elsewhere for police related services.

Unregistered
    This department has a cop for a certain part of the community that all she does in sing in chorus and attend community events with juveniles. She literally does nothing Police oriented. I am not sure why she isn't employed by the city as a social worker type. Her salary could be used elsewhere for police related services.
    Yep...another FMPD nut job and fake cop, should be working for weight watchers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast