Hiring process
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiring process

Unregistered

Hiring process

Question, how long does the hiring process take if you are already a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Florida

Unregistered
    Take your experience, finish your degree, or get a degree, or get more of a degree, then go to the feds. I just saved you 30 years of pure misery. MISERY. Or apply to TPD and get to be a real cop. Your experience will mean nothing at the HCSO. We are not cops. We are report writing social workers. Our duties consist of pet projects, crazies, drunks, crashes, and pointless delayed reports. We are lead from a place of fear, CYA, and stats, not justice. Move along. Trust me.

If you were connected and on the easy path, you would not have posted here, so will have a long hard career like us mere pawns.

Unregistered
    Do not apply here! Working at this shithole of a place would be the worst thing you could do!!!

Say no to racisim, favoritisim, discrimination, sexisim, political buullsshhiitt, no reward for hard work, etc., etc.!!

Seriously --- do --- not --- apply --- here!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    The stupid decisions around here is off the charts. Do yourself a favor and apply to TPD or the feds. Just look at the morons they promote ie the new acting major of hsd. Dude runs hsd in the ground to include swat and they promote him. Unbelievable. Friends first is the motto here. Again dont apply here.

Unregistered
    Patrol at the HCSO is not set up to be sustained for an entire career. Not ever for 5 years. Plain and simple. No point in going into datail. Do yourself, family and mental health a favor and....

Move it along.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Patrol at the HCSO is not set up to be sustained for an entire career. Not ever for 5 years. Plain and simple. No point in going into datail. Do yourself, family and mental health a favor and....

Move it along.
    What are you talking about? I get paid $80,000 a year to write an average of 1 report a day, handle some calls, and otherwise be as proactive or reactive as I want to be throughout the shift.

Unregistered
    Wow, the person just asked a simple question and all he or she gets is a bunch of disgruntled employees. If it's so bad here then why don't you just leave. Take your own advise and go to TPD or Feds.

Unregistered
    The stupid decisions around here is off the charts. Do yourself a favor and apply to TPD or the feds. Just look at the morons they promote ie the new acting major of hsd. Dude runs hsd in the ground to include swat and they promote him. Unbelievable. Friends first is the motto here. Again dont apply here.
    This is not a test. This is not a joke. We have obtained your identity and you will be contacted shortly to get fitted for your command staff uniform.

We have been waiting for a true leader, an intellectual giant like you to step up on the internet and effect change. The reason the HSD captain wasn’t immediately promoted to major is because we knew...WE KNEW...a true leader like you would rise up.

Please feel free to start moving your belongings into your HSD office immediately. However, we realize you will still want to go out in the street and write delayed burglary reports to show the troops you lead from the front so you can keep your marked vehicle.

We are eagerly awaiting your arrival to lead us into the future of professional and aggressive law enforcement.

Unregistered
    What are you talking about? I get paid $80,000 a year to write an average of 1 report a day, handle some calls, and otherwise be as proactive or reactive as I want to be throughout the shift.
    Wow! I wish I knew where that squad is, so I can bid there. Thats no squad I ever heard of. I dont make that much money either. I must bee too new or something.

Unregistered
    Its not all about the money. Its about, is it worth the money? Why is patrol used as a punishment and why are the sons and daughters of majors and chiefs that work here never on patrol long? Why are certain deputies assigned to legal and other non stressful positions? While the rest are left to stresses of the streets. This is why “negative” posts like this exist. As long as there is a disconnect and favoritism, this resentment will continue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast