Awaiting interview - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

Thanks for the input!

Well that was last tuesday...lol I guess I did not make the short list...lol Here it is a week later. Again thanks for the insight on the process.

Rocky

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

On Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Good luck to you. ABT is a great place to be, as long as your expectations are reasonable and realistic. If you come here thinking this is a high speed, on the front line, first responder full service law enforcement agency, you wont last long or enjoy yourself.
    Your employment future really depends on a successful interview. I am guessing the panel will be seeing you for the first time and you are only going to have one real chance to impress and be memorable, in a good way!

The best advice I can give is be on time and dressed to impress. Shine your shoes and make sure your suit fits and looks fairly new. Get a fresh haircut and clean your nails. If you look sharp, hopefully your answers to the interview questions will convey you are sharp. Think of it as a two part interview. What you say is as important as how you look when you say it.

Take some time and familiarize yourself with the ABT webpages. Understand how ABT fits in DBPR. Know the agency mission, etc. Know the agency priorities, F.S 20.165, understand what the Beverage Law is, etc.
    Knowing what we do and how we are structured will give you additional confidence when answering questions.

Everyone gets asked the same questions and your answers are given a score. The person with the highest score usually moves on to the background phase. A LT in the office where you are applying normally is the investigative lead on the background.

The current Chief is a real cop and I suspect he will be looking at your packet closely when it gets to his desk. Be sure anything you submit is spell and grammar checked. Do your best the first time. Your efforts will be noticed.

Avoid doing stupid crap at the end of the interview. When they ask if you have any questions, having smart questions will give you an opportunity to have additional positive interaction with the panel. Asking stupid stuff like what kind of gun, car, etc. will I get translate to "I'm a moron" Don't be that guy.

This is a great job and I hope it works out for you.
    Just had my Interview. You were on point. Finished #1 Moving on to background. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Well Done and Good Luck.

Unregistered
    Good luck Fort Myers is our revolving door. The supervisors are clue less. You will see.

Unregistered

Agent Returning

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good luck Fort Myers is our revolving door. The supervisors are clue less. You will see.
    An agent was offered his job and backpay.

Unregistered
    False. You have to be fired to for that. One guy quit or as he says it retired under investigation and the other one resigned. No recourse

Unregistered
    Harold you quit two years ago and still post here? Realtor work must be slow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12