Employment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Employment

Unregistered

Employment

Hi I recently applied for the Law Enforcement Academy Scholarship position and was wondering if anyone could tell me where the academy is held and how many applicants they usually sponsor. Thanks

Unregistered
    The academy is at the Sarasota Police academy located at Proctor and Beneva Sarasota. Not sure how many they sponsor. Great agency to work for. We are one of the highest paid Sheriff's Offices on the west Coast of Florida. Plenty of opportunity . Good luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The academy is at the Sarasota Police academy located at Proctor and Beneva Sarasota. Not sure how many they sponsor. Great agency to work for. We are one of the highest paid Sheriff's Offices on the west Coast of Florida. Plenty of opportunity . Good luck.
    Thank you!

Unregistered
    What is the pay for patrol deputies?

Unregistered
    Starting for a patrol deputy is around 45k plus education, experience. Everything is provided except underwear and socks.

Unregistered
    Do you know what the top pay is?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you know what the top pay is?
    It's good.

Unregistered
    The academy would be at Suncoast Tech and I believe its usually 4-5 recruits. College degree or prior military and high score on the oral board should also help. Good luck.

Unregistered
    I heard they were sponsoring 10 for the class that starts in July. Did you hear anything back?

Unregistered

Academy Fitness Standards

Regarding the academy, what is the physical fitness standards to graduate? I did find the entrance requirements by SSO which I believe is the Obstacle Course. Can't find anything on a run time, push ups, sit ups, etc?

Can anyone chime in?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast