Shift growth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shift growth

Unregistered

Post Shift growth

Im currently a cadet at HCC and checked out SPPD website for possible employment.

I see SPPD provides an "option" for shifts. How are the shifts really structured?

Also, how is the growth within this agency?

Unregistered
    Shift Options - Yeah you can work days (8 hour shifts, 5x a week), eves or mids (10 hour shifts, 4 on 3 off).

There's more room for growth here than any other small agency in the bay area, it comes with more political BS. The smaller agencies in Pinellas are happier than we are (Largo, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs to name a few). PCSO and Tampa are two good larger agencies to look at too if you are looking at bigger departments like St. Pete...their command makes them believe they're the best out there and morale is pretty top notch there. Patrol deputies or TPD Patrolmen are not being crapped on and are well respected from the Top to Bottom...especially in Tampa, where they know Patrol have made some sacrifices in the not so distant past.

Here on the other hand, they like to make it seem like it's horrible to be a patrol officer for this department, and we are never told that we are the best at anything...only that we need to hide the monster brewing on the south side and hope it doesn't cause a riot someday.

Sorry if you weren't expecting a negative response, just preaching the truth...do not put all your eggs in a St. Pete basket but good luck.

Unregistered

Enjoy FTO!

Especially if you are a female! Expect to be banged in at least 2 phases!

Unregistered
    The most "shift growth" you will see is on the FTO Squads!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The most "shift growth" you will see is on the FTO Squads!
    Did you mean "Shift growth" or "Shaft growth?" Big difference....

Unregistered

Shifts

What are the hours of the shifts? Does Tampa do the same or are they on 12s?

Unregistered
    Refer to the first response for shift length hours.

I’m not sure what Tampa does but they get a pretty good schedule from what I hear. Better than ours.

Unregistered

Shifts

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Is evenings, for example, 1200-2200? And midnights 2000-0600? Just wondering what the hours of each shift are.

Unregistered
    Eve’s are split into two relief squads. 0200-2400 or 1600-0200. Midnights are 2200-0800

Unregistered

Slightly distracted

Meant 1400-0200 for early eves not 0200 haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast