Another casualty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Another casualty

Well here we are 23 days into the new year and the exit door is still looking good for officers tired of the BS. Lenny Hills retired. How many more can he get to go in the next 77 days? The good ones just keep walking out the door and nobody wants to stop them. The hit list continues! Stand by for who is next.

Unregistered
    He must have had the bullseye on his back like all the others.

Unregistered
    Congratulations Lenny, you certainly earned it. You will find out that there is life after the badge and you know being a first class citizen again is alright. Semper Fi brother.

Unregistered
    Congratulations Lenny on your retirement. You served the city well. The sad part is you just became another statistic under the current administration. How many people with years and years of experience have chosen retirement here over putting up with the BS handed to us over the last 6 years? Hundreds of years of experience walked out the door rather than subject themselves to the constant harassment. Hell, he even brought in his own people from outside that didn't last long once they realized the debacle of working under Vespia. Then you have the officers and employees that gave the city their all every day, but were subjected to multiple I.A.'s for B.S. charges and decided to quit rather than subject themselves to continued harassment. Lenny is simply one more statistic of the never ending revolving door that has become the norm here. How sad.

Unregistered
    I guess nobody gets the real reason he left.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess nobody gets the real reason he left.
    I have no knowledge why he left. I hope it was his choice and not a retire or accept this memo kind of ending that we have seen too many times over the recent past.

I will request his exit interview maybe it will add some light to his reasons..

Unregistered

Been there done that

It's called constant harassment. You chose to either stay there and live with it or leave and live in peace. Been there, done that as so many of my former brothers and sisters have here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's called constant harassment. You chose to either stay there and live with it or leave and live in peace. Been there, done that as so many of my former brothers and sisters have here.
    all those years on the job and they nit pick paperwork. Anybody ever see Capt M or Vespa's paperwork when they actually did police work, what a joke. Pelfrey screwed up paperwork and yet he had no one say anything about it. Lenny was the face of this dept to many people. He is well liked in this community. In fact, it is a tip received by him at his house that gave the bureau there arrest in the last murder. Jealousy. maybe the powers' are jealous of his popularity and the lack of there's.
    Well here it is commissioners, the purge continues, how much did the taxpayers lose when Lenny retired, his experience and street contacts were invaluable. As Lear takes his time in choosing another chief, what a joke, the purge continues, and we all ask who is next ????? The commissioners ran on a we want change platform, well they got that, its changed for the worse. So as election time nears, we the people of NP need to send another message, we need to NOT re elect any incumbent and seek candidates who will actually address the problems and make the necessary changes.
    It is time for the commissioners to fire the HR director and appoint someone who will simply keep Vespia and his cronies in line and make sure that the city department directors and admin follow the rules and not arbitrarily harass and fire city workers. The asst city Manager has to go also. Make those two changes and the you will finally be on a positive track.

Unregistered

Times Up/ Me Too

Attention Commissioners' there are two very strong movements throughout this country, one is the ME TOO movement and the other is the TIMES UP movement. Both center around equality and equal rights for women, minorities and yes even males. So here in the land that time forgot, North Port, we have the good old boy network led by the Asst City Manager, Vespia, Pelfrey, Morales and their cronies and various other department Heads to include yes the current city manager and HR director. North Port is no longer a senior community as it once was. The medium age has reached the forty to fifty range. The commission which consists of four women and one male is completely ignorant to or is complacent in the continuous discriminatory and arbitrary harassment and firing of good, solid, city employees. One can clearly see, if they want to. that the resignations or sudden retirements which cost us the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars are the direct result of discriminatory actions . I ask, just when are these female commissioners going to wake up and see that they are an embarrassment to their own gender. Your inactions and excuses are lame. You as the governing body of this city are allowing this continual harassment of the city employees both male and female by these dinosaurs who ultimately work for us the taxpayers. It is so obvious, as pointed out, Vespia has a purge movement, he has his hit list of employees he wants gone before he goes. The city manager surely does not care and it is obvious by you as the commissions inaction, you as a governing body also do not care. So here it is Time is UP, now you can either include yourselves and pledge ME TOO or you can continue to exclude yourselves and well your Time will be up upon re election. We, the taxpayers of NP have no further tolerance for the archaic , caveman demeanor and actions of our inept city administration. Lets bring our city into the 21st century......

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

No Exit.Interview for Hills

Per email received today from Trish. Lenny retired. There was.no exit interview.nor was.there a Retire.Or.Be Fired memo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast