Leaving FHP before my 2 yrs are up
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Leaving FHP before my 2 yrs are up

I'm leaving FHP for a higher paying agency, do they really come after you? I was self-certified and was in the transitional class, do I really have to pay back FHP specific training for me going to the county? Has anyone experienced this or known someone who has?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm leaving FHP for a higher paying agency, do they really come after you? I was self-certified and was in the transitional class, do I really have to pay back FHP specific training for me going to the county? Has anyone experienced this or known someone who has?
    Just read the agreement you signed with the State of Florida when you started the academy.

Unregistered
    They always talk a big game but never follow through. Iv never seen them go after someone. Plus, if you were already certified I don’t think you signed the same agreement.

Unregistered
    I have been with FHP a long time, and have seen a lot of troopers leave with under two years on. I have yet to see someone pay that back. It's all a scare tactic to deter you from looking for a job as soon as you get out of the academy. I would not worry about it, and good luck.

Unregistered
    You only have to pay back the training costs if you were hired as non-certified.

Unregistered
    You only have to pay back the training costs if you were hired as non-certified.
    That’s a negative.

Unregistered
    That’s a negative.
    First, I have never ever heard of them going after anyone for it.
    Also, even if they decided to change that, they are so incompetent and understaffed that they would screw it up very badly if they even tried. They are so f*****ed up they would probably accidentally send you the money for the training you received!!! The state screws up everything they touch, and FHP tenfold.

Unregistered
    I personally know 2 guys from Palm Beach Co that left in 2017; both had just over a year on. One went to Boca Raton PD and the other went to Broward SO. As of last week the State has not gone after them, mind you they left mid 2017 just before summer.

Unregistered
    Let them come after you and see if a judge actually makes you pay!

Unregistered
    I highly doubt they will come after you.

If they would, I would consult an attorney. A company / employer cannot ask for money that they paid an employee for work performed. The employer made the choice to invest in the applicant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast