Opinions on article
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Opinions on article

While the majority of police are good people just trying to get home after their shift, the bad cops are causing the oppressed to be very tired of their oppressors.I am interested in your opinions on the article below.

https://extranewsfeed.com/all-cops-a...y-700629756fa4

Unregistered
    my opinion? its written by a snowflake who has no idea what kind of people we deal with on a regular basis. go do a ride along in the 'hood and see how the people we work with every day treat one another. the utter disregard for life and lack of respect towards others will shock you.

and since he knows everything, why doesn't he sign up to show us all how to be the perfect police officer.

Unregistered
    Not sure why an article on a website and written by an author no one has ever heard of is worthy of discussion.

If this is the type of media you consume... bless your heart.

Unregistered
    The first line tells it all, "Not an award wining author". The person is an idiot. When his car gets stolen or his house (probably apartment gets broken into, he won't hesitate to call one of those bad officers to come help.

Unregistered

Response

I agree most police are good people just trying to get home after their shift.End the immoral drug war and incessant harassment of poor people for victimless crimes, and you would likely not see this type of article. We do not have the largest prison population in the world because Americans are more immoral than people in other nations.We have a corrupt system based on profit that is not hidden from the people anymore, because of the proliferation of recording devices everywhere.I have been to many nations.The people worldwide, for the most part are the same, unless radicalized.

I therefore have to conclude that a corrupt system where 75% of policing concentrates on victimless crimes, is in fact immoral as it is based on profit and not on public safety.

When police consider arresting people for possessing a medicinal plant as more important than testing the hundreds of thousands of rape kits sitting unprocessed nation wide, in is hard to convince the public you are about public safety and not about profit.Same goes for the drug war. If police wanted to stop the most serious abusers, they would be arresting the big pharma executives who pump millions of doses of opiates into communities every month that kill thousands a year and create addicts, while marijuana has never caused a single overdose death.

Do I blame police for enforcing what their superiors tell them to enforce? No, but big changes are needed so that police are not considered an invading militarized force that hold the best interests of the state over those of the people.I would rather have 10 mellow potheads living on my street than one sterioded out, militarized officer who feels it is his duty to enforce immoral statutes that only benefit the corrupt system. And No , I will not call the police as I expect such responses as many of you would rather deflect arguments instead of debating the merits of them.I have dogs and guns, I likely will never need to call the police. Remember, you are not in Iraq.

Unregistered
    Why is the left always mad and unhappy?
    Get Happy

https://youtu.be/NvgzNEPhYQA

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree most police are good people just trying to get home after their shift.End the immoral drug war and incessant harassment of poor people for victimless crimes, and you would likely not see this type of article. We do not have the largest prison population in the world because Americans are more immoral than people in other nations.We have a corrupt system based on profit that is not hidden from the people anymore, because of the proliferation of recording devices everywhere.I have been to many nations.The people worldwide, for the most part are the same, unless radicalized.

I therefore have to conclude that a corrupt system where 75% of policing concentrates on victimless crimes, is in fact immoral as it is based on profit and not on public safety.

When police consider arresting people for possessing a medicinal plant as more important than testing the hundreds of thousands of rape kits sitting unprocessed nation wide, in is hard to convince the public you are about public safety and not about profit.Same goes for the drug war. If police wanted to stop the most serious abusers, they would be arresting the big pharma executives who pump millions of doses of opiates into communities every month that kill thousands a year and create addicts, while marijuana has never caused a single overdose death.

Do I blame police for enforcing what their superiors tell them to enforce? No, but big changes are needed so that police are not considered an invading militarized force that hold the best interests of the state over those of the people.I would rather have 10 mellow potheads living on my street than one sterioded out, militarized officer who feels it is his duty to enforce immoral statutes that only benefit the corrupt system. And No , I will not call the police as I expect such responses as many of you would rather deflect arguments instead of debating the merits of them.I have dogs and guns, I likely will never need to call the police. Remember, you are not in Iraq.
    What specifically makes it militarized and do you think it / those should be taken away from LE agencies? Does LE agencies have a use for it / them?

Unregistered

Unregistered
    I am not leftist. I vote republican candidates almost exclusively. Guess again. Your drug war is a war on the American people. I understand overwhelming force in inner city battlegrounds, but police have expanded their militarization to all corners of the country.The constitution is dead in America. If you do not honor your oath to the constitution on your shift, you are the people our Founding Fathers warned us about.You think the constitution is a joke? Why are you in America? The people are going to take this country back from the government domestic terrorists and politicians who insist on subsisting off of the poor mans misery.To see what decriminalization looks like in the real world, and not in the current police states rhetoric, look here.
    https://news.vice.com/article/ungass...weed-to-heroin

They only want to continue the drug war because they know half of them will no longer be needed when it ends. And it is hard for people to find jobs that pay high school graduates what police can make.So do not believe their rhetoric. Investigate for yourself.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...militarization

Did you ever stop and think that if you did not lock up poor fathers in record numbers for possessing a medicinal plant, that many of these problems would not exist? Are you willing to take any blame for these issues or are you always the saints and angels who can do no wrong? Law enforcement is a major contributor to the current fatherless generation. Take responsibility for it and drop the drug war. Or pay for it yourselves. I do not want my tax money wasted anymore. If you have to find another profession, suck it up. What would Jesus do?

Unregistered
    Why are pot smokers so mad?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast