FHP Vacancies - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FHP Vacancies

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You risk your life for 30 years, and top out at 72, and retire at 70, and you call life good?
    My son does A/C and makes twice that and people don't shoot at him or try to run him over. No nights, holidays, weekends are double.
    I'll take it!!! Seriously, I'll turn in my shit this week, how hard can it be?

Unregistered
    OK all of you scholars and scientists, let's go back and READ the original question Scooter A. Schwartz posted:
    What is the plan to fill trooper vacancies?: A: A massive pay increase B: Hire new trooper recruits This is gonna be a tough one......
    Their idea is alot of applications from people because management only has four or five years left and it's the next guys problem. Some of those applicants are good people but they don't stay long. Others are the ones you've seen in the news in the last year.

The other problem this agency is all about optics and not the people working the road for the visitors or citizens of Florida. They would rather keep tradition instead of changing with the times. They will fill the vacancies with whatever they can find.

This is what you will hear from the personal fixing the problem filling these vacancies. Hope you all had a great holiday.

Unregistered

Same ongoing issue

Their idea is alot of applications from people because management only has four or five years left and it's the next guys problem. Some of those applicants are good people but they don't stay long. Others are the ones you've seen in the news in the last year.

The other problem this agency is all about optics and not the people working the road for the visitors or citizens of Florida. They would rather keep tradition instead of changing with the times. They will fill the vacancies with whatever they can find.

This is what you will hear from the personal fixing the problem filling these vacancies. Hope you all had a great holiday.
    Every year, FHP gripes about losing troopers to LE agencies that pay more and their solution to increasing FHP vacancies is to keep hiring in hopes they'll stay and not complain about the low salary.

Follow Georgia's example when troopers kept leaving GSP because of low salaries and they solved it by implementing a 20% pay increase.

Unregistered
    It impossible without some FHP flogger trying to shut down any discussion by telling people "If you don't like it here, leave!"

FHP brass employs floggers to attack anyone who dare bring up current issues with childish insults, in hopes of quieting the truth.

As you notice on this forum, there are rude posters that show little interest in discussing issues and only seek to demean people and would change the topic very quickly before it gets out of hand.

For example, they kept trying to end discussion on an ongoing thread about troopers leaving Pensacola.

Inb4 someone tells me "who cares" or "if you don't like it, leave!".
    If you don’t like it here.... Leave!

Feel better?

Unregistered
    If you don’t like it here.... Leave!

Feel better?
    As you can see here, this is an example of a flogger attempting to shut down any discussion. Attacking others with childish insults.

Thank you for proving my point.

Unregistered
    The first reply was 100% correct.

The OP asked "What is the plan to get FHPs vacancies filled?", to which the correct answer is "Hire people."

If the OP had asked "What is the plan to prevent FHP's vacancies from recurring?", then the correct answer would have been "Fix the pay problem."

I hope this helps.

Unregistered
    The first reply was 100% correct.

The OP asked "What is the plan to get FHPs vacancies filled?", to which the correct answer is "Hire people."

If the OP had asked "What is the plan to prevent FHP's vacancies from recurring?", then the correct answer would have been "Fix the pay problem."

I hope this helps.
    FHP has always hire people to fill in the increasing vacancies, it's just they're hoping to retain while paying slave wages and working the trooper to death because that trooper is the only one on duty covering 4 counties.

Unregistered
    FHP has always hire people to fill in the increasing vacancies, it's just they're hoping to retain while paying slave wages and working the trooper to death because that trooper is the only one on duty covering 4 counties.
    Marx and Engels discussed this long before we did.

Unregistered
    I really hope it doesn't take a decade to finally be granted a pay raise. It took years to finally jump from $34k to $38k!

Unregistered
    You risk your life for 30 years, and top out at 72, and retire at 70, and you call life good?
    My son does A/C and makes twice that and people don't shoot at him or try to run him over. No nights, holidays, weekends are double.
    I retired at 25 years at the age of 49. Life is good. Your son also does not have my life time pension with 3% COLA each year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast