FHP will Never be disbanded - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    This was tried with State Parole and Probation. Many County SO's wanted to take over an entity that is run by the State. This was vetoed by the Governor. Bottom line was local jurisdictions had a true reality of what it costs to run certain state agencies. The state does it on the cheap and always will.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This was tried with State Parole and Probation. Many County SO's wanted to take over an entity that is run by the State. This was vetoed by the Governor. Bottom line was local jurisdictions had a true reality of what it costs to run certain state agencies. The state does it on the cheap and always will.
    WHat dream world are you living in? Sheriffs Offices in about 27 counties have taken over from the state Child Protective Services as well as juvenile detention facilities. THe Governor didn't veto anything. The State now pays those counties to run those services without having the overhead of actually having employees..

I know several counties that also have County Probation as well....

You dont seem to get it. IN the South especially the Sheriffs are the big dogs.. Not sure why but they are.. It could be that Sheriffs are constitutional officers and the majority of state agencies are just statutory offices and can be done away with..

Unregistered
    Just take a look at A Legislative Session from 2 years ago. You will see your answer. You see Social Services like Juvenile Justice and County Probation are non sworn Leo's. State P&P very different. Long story short FHP could go else where you have a new Gov coming very soon. Who knows ???

Unregistered
    Maybe when John Morgan becomes governor he will disband all police agencies. He knows every f****ing thing and has friends in all the wrong places.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Ignorance or stupidity?

You do crash reports....
    Statements like this leave me perplexed. I'm not sure if a majority of people are ignorant or just stupid.

FHP handles drivers license, odometer, and motor vehicle vin fraud. FHP is responsible for commercial motor carrier compliance with federal and state laws, traffic 'homicide' investigations, and is the coordinating agency over commercial vehicle & cargo theft. They respond to and investigate crashes as well as various other traffic related civil and criminal investigations, including but not limited to drugs and weapons trafficking .

They also provide direct support during emergencies and natural disasters when requested along with many other local agencies.

Do people really not know this stuff?

Unregistered
    Statements like this leave me perplexed. I'm not sure if a majority of people are ignorant or just stupid.

FHP handles drivers license, odometer, and motor vehicle vin fraud. FHP is responsible for commercial motor carrier compliance with federal and state laws, traffic 'homicide' investigations, and is the coordinating agency over commercial vehicle & cargo theft. They respond to and investigate crashes as well as various other traffic related civil and criminal investigations, including but not limited to drugs and weapons trafficking .

They also provide direct support during emergencies and natural disasters when requested along with many other local agencies.

Unfortunately, many do not know what FHP does. However, those that come on here and post provocative statements have a general or good idea of what we do. They just post trash to get a response. I think they are trolls?!!!! LOL

Unregistered
    As long as FHP goes to crashes and then calls the SO to handle a simple battery,domestic or other non traffic related charge, and refuses to take a report because it’s a so called intentional act, they CAN and at sometime in the future WILL be replaced by civilian crash investigators. It’s not impossible, nor impractical to disband FHP and instead, start a state wide crash Investigation service. Contract a private company to manage employees or hire them as civilian state employees. They could be under the division of insurance fraud or just civilians under DHSMV. Either way saves the state money and for every 1 Trooper, you could probably hire 2-3 civilians as you won’t have the liability and benefits package to cover a high risk employee. You also wouldn’t have to purchase the uniforms, or as many vehicles, guns, tasers, etc etc.. just a simple white truck with yellow lights with a laptop and printer.
    I have notice many more articles and news reports of troopers handling crimes occurring on the highways such as aggravated assaults/battery, domestic violence, robbery, etc. And, they should. Just as the counties should work crashes on the county roads and local streets. The SO's have come a long ways. The Florida Sheriffs Bureau, the precursor of FDLE, was created to help sheriffs investigate serious crimes. Most large SOs can do that on their own now.

Same with traffic. If it is still the same, Orange County SO uses traffic crash stats to get funding for their motor units, but will they work a crash? No.

Unregistered

Reality

Green and White,,,,

Sorry buddy haven't been to those kind of calls. Since the 90s. Agencies streamline those kind of calls now to prevent waste of Sworn duties. Community Service Aides (MAYBE) but unless your in some population of 50 or less deputies. That went out years ago. Then Im sure the 1 trooper or Grouper trooper for those three counties could help also. Even when i worked for a small county years ago if it got busy, The surrounding county would send a deputy to assist.

Unregistered

Right but 90% of the calls a road trooper will do is crash reports and or traffic related stuff.

Unregistered
    Bingo! I may go to say 96.9%!

Right but 90% of the calls a road trooper will do is crash reports and or traffic related stuff.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast