Thread: 2017

Unregistered

So here it is, December 31, 2017. A year in which we saw Jonathan Lewis leave the city to go to the county. Once he left, we saw that department heads that he also protected for years announced their retirements. It was a move by the Police and Fire Chief to plead for at least 1 more year leading their agencies that have steadily lost employees, good employees, to leave for better paying departments, or in the case of the PD, relentless harassment, forced resignations and people leaving because they just couldn't take the BS any more. We lost 22 employees this year and hoped that a different city manager and commission would take notice to the destructive leadership that caused this to happen. They didn't though.
    KV announced he wanted just one more year to finish things and everyone at city hall granted his wish turning a blind eye to what was happening at the PD. Since being anointed chief, his agenda began with getting rid of the most experienced officers that had a voice to others. This continued throughout his tenure. City Hall claims they had no idea what was going on at the PD. If an officer left on good terms, they would be asked to do an exit interview. If not, no exit interview. That way HR could say we didn't know there was a problem next door. It was the Jonathan Lewis mentality of no evaluations for department heads. If you can't read that there is a problem, then there is no problem.
    So now we look forward to 2018, especially March 31, when the self appointed dictator walks out the door and heads north to VPD, hopefully in a powerless position so their officers do not have to endure what we all went through while he was here. When a new chief is hired I hope that he is able to see what has been done to cause the morale problem that has plagued us since another Lewis made his grandeur decision to name his replacement. I hope a new chief actually has integrity and doesn't preach it like KV and stands behind his officers, which never has happened. I pray that this new person can bring the reputation of our department back to where it once was before KV alienated us from other agencies. So now we look forward to 2018 and a new adventure. Let's hope it's a good one!

Unregistered
    I'd have to say we've lost our interested parties since this thread was written 4 days ago and only has 83 reads.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd have to say we've lost our interested parties since this thread was written 4 days ago and only has 83 reads.
    most everyone waits for threads on its time for a change, that's still strong

Unregistered
    most everyone waits for threads on its time for a change, that's still strong
    You sound like one of the sportscasters now telling us how nfl ratings are not down because of players kneeling. Puhlease!

Unregistered
    You sound like one of the sportscasters now telling us how nfl ratings are not down because of players kneeling. Puhlease!
    What ever happened to that big veterans day boycott of games. Being a vet and a retired LEO the whole thing was a farce.