Court Unanimously Rules Against Sheriff Tom Knight - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am very proud of you that you got a degree. Too bad you were absent went they taught English and grammar. You see, there is no such phrase as would of, could od should of. The truth of the matter is that even though it sounds like two separate words it is not. It is what's called a contraction where two words are combined and use an apostrophe. Your improper use of "That WOULD OF" in your reply should actually be the word would've because we use an apostrophe to indicate either possession (e.g., Harry's book ; boys' coats ) or the omission of letters or numbers (e.g., can't ; he's ; class of ’99 ). Now I can tell you that I do my job, have been doing it for 20+ years and have seen 3 different sheriffs in my tenure. I am embarrassed at the behavior of, as you call him, MY SHERIFF toward his employees and deputies.

I too have been here for those three Sheriffs. Get off your soap box pal. YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY. As for my grammar. You are obviously not from Florida and as for Spell check on a blog....You crack me up. Take that hatred and focus on your job. You might actually retire or stroke out. As for MR KNIGHT He is very much YOUR SHERIFF and your paycheck,pension all depends on him. At the drop of a hat with your insubordinate and degrading your boss. You are already violating general orders. Good luck with that positive attitude. You're going to need it.... OH AND PROPER GRAMMAR IS SHERIFF KNIGHT NOT MR..Just Sayn

Unregistered
    As for MR KNIGHT He is very much YOUR SHERIFF and your paycheck, pension and all depends on him.
    Screw that and that's BS and you know it! Mr. Knight does not provide my paycheck because the taxpayers do! In fact, the taxpayers pay Mr. Knight's salary too. We are BOTH paid by taxpayers. The only difference between my paycheck and Knight's paycheck is that he commits a grand theft each and every time it is deposited in his account becasue he is ripping off the taxpayers with his idiotic court battle against the 12th Judicial Circuit which, as we all know, Knight lost. But alas, Hoffman is still pumping sunshine (legal advice) up Knight's ass -- and Knight gets a smile on his face every time Hoffman starts pumping.

With your insubordination and degrading your boss, you are violating general orders.
    Seriously? LOL

I am not slave chattel and Mr. Knight does not own me, nor does he own any other SSO employee. We are freed men and women. Maybe he'll battle that idiotic issue in court too. I am frankly glad the the judges ruled against Knight. I've never seen Knight get this angry or bitter about anything. He's taking it personally. Why? Answer: because Knight is angry, vindictive and bitter about losing in court IN PUBLIC.

Unregistered
    The fact of the matter is that Mr. Tom Knight must obey the court order, but he has not done so, as of January 5, 2018.

It's now 1.12.18 and Knight is still not in compliance with the court order. However, please rest assured that Knight will buckle, bend and yield to a greater authority! Oh yes!

Tom, you've been a bully since high school and law enforcement is definitely the wrong occupation for an angry little man, such as yourself. You're anger, vindictiveness and stubbornness have no legitimate business in public service.

• Tom, the appellate court ruled against you.
    • CCW permit holders will not be allowed to bring their guns, knives and clubs inside court facilities, to include being barred from the Sarasota Clerk of Court building.
    • You will obey the panel of multiple judges, to the exact specifications of the court order.
    • Tom, there are no ifs, ands or buts about this. Not even a maybe. Period. Get over it.

Hey Kurt Hoffman:

• You are obviously responsible for leading Tom down this legal path of idiotic nonsense and gross incompetence. Who looks like the bigger clown now? You or Tom? Who is running the bigger circus act now? You or Tom or both of you?
    • You didn't get your way, but "you still just don't get it," which is why Tom now has his nuts in a meat grinder.
    • Kurt, the only compelling argument that you've made is that Knight is a circus ringmaster extraordinaire.

This is the Greatest Show on Earth! The circus act must go on!
    I am not allowed to disclose any information on leoaffairs. I have given my word. Having said that... I agree 100% with the information that is written above.

Unregistered

Knight decides to obey court order

As everyone already knows and after several months of defiance, Tom Knight finally agreed to obey the chief judge and the court order. However, Kurt Hoffman is still arguing that the chief judge and the appellate judges are constitutionally and legally wrong – and they are allegedly forcing the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office to break CCW permit laws. Rubbish.

Unregistered
    As everyone already knows and after several months of defiance, Tom Knight finally agreed to obey the chief judge and the court order. However, Kurt Hoffman is still arguing that the chief judge and the appellate judges are constitutionally and legally wrong – and they are allegedly forcing the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office to break CCW permit laws. Rubbish.
    Last week, Senator Greg Steube introduced another bill to circumvent the court system to:
    - change the definition of "courthouse" so CCWs can be allowed inside a Clerk of Court building
    - ability to remove from office any judge who disobeys Steube's proposed law (like Chief Judge Charles Williams)

You can read it here:
    https://legiscan.com/FL/text/S0134/2018
    (the underlined green writing is Steube's proposal)

Steube is trying it again!!! LOL

Unregistered

Question Just lay low

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Murdock View Post
    The appeals court ruled unanimously against Sheriff Tom Knight.

Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...-security-feud
    Zach, thanks for the newspaper article. From a legislative perspective, yes, you are correct. However, this political and legal fiasco is far from over. Mr. Tom Knight and Senator Greg Steube and Chief Deputy Kurt Hoffman have destroyed their credibility on this issue, so now they have conspired to use a discrete backdoor approach, under the names of other political players, to completely neuter Chief Judge Charles Williams (or that's their executive plan). This is the craftiest and most subtle political move ever. Stay tuned because there is more to come. In the meantime, Zach, you can email cnocco@pascosheriff.org for more information about the plan. Simply email him a link to your article and he will know exactly what you are referring to. The news will probably break first in Pasco and Broward Counties, unless you can steal the thunder of other reporters.

Tom, Greg and Kurt, politics is as underhanded, slick and dirty as a hot summer day is long, won't you agree?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Murdock View Post
    The appeals court ruled unanimously against Sheriff Tom Knight.

Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...-security-feud

Zach, thanks for the newspaper article. From a legislative perspective, yes, you are correct. However, this political and legal fiasco is far from over. Mr. Tom Knight and Senator Greg Steube and Chief Deputy Kurt Hoffman have destroyed their credibility on this issue, so now they have conspired to use a discrete backdoor approach, under the names of other political players, to completely neuter Chief Judge Charles Williams (or that's their executive plan). This is the craftiest and most subtle political move ever. Stay tuned because there is more to come. In the meantime, Zach, you can email cnocco@pascosheriff.org for more information about the plan. Simply email him a link to your article and he will know exactly what you are referring to. The news will probably break first in Pasco and Broward Counties, unless you can steal the thunder of other reporters.
    There are only two ways for that possibility to happen:

• Knight challenges the appellate court's decision and asks for a hearing in front of the Florida Supreme Court. He didn't do that because every single appellate judge ruled against him.
    • Greg Steube and Knight get their political buddies to propose changing the Florida Constitution to:
      1. Take away the chief judges legal authority to determine if there should be (or should not be) security in court facilities.
      2. Give that authority to Florida sheriffs by putting it in the Florida Constitution (it is NOT there now).

Does Steube and Knight have enough slicked political connections to pull that off?

Steube is connected to the Sarasota GOP, so he has connections there, all the way to Tallahassee.

Knight is connected to the FSA, he he has connections there, all the way to Tallahassee.

However, Steube's and Knight's names are soiled because of their publicized lost court case in front of multiple appellate judges, sooooo they will have to find other political stooges to do it for them ---- and to be in the public spotlight.

Unregistered

Tom, Greg and Kurt, politics is as underhanded, slick and dirty as a hot summer day is long, won't you agree?
    I'm not Zach, but thanks for posting the scoop and the email. I have an old acquaintance who has connections to Pasco County S/O. Give me a few days to see if I can track down more information.

Unregistered

Thanks for asking, but this situation is way to complicated for a website like this. Anyway, it is already being monitored. It's explained in lay terms at the leoaffairs/FDLE website at:
    http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...utional-Change

CRC = Florida's Constitutional Review Commission

It's all politics and hot air. Steube and Knight already lost credibility on the courthouse security issue, so they are bad actors to make a proposal to change the Florida Constitution to get their way. They subsequently reached out to their political bedfellows to do it for them:
    - Steube reached out to Belinda Keiser (appointed by governor to CRC and she is the chancellor at Keiser University)
    - Steube reached out to attorney Fred Karlinsky (appointed by governor to CRC)
    - Knight reached out to to the Paco sheriff (Chris Nicco, appointed by CRC speaker)

Keiser, Karlinsky and Nicco are making a proposal to change the Florida Constitution, which would transfer courthouse security authority from Chief Judge Charles William's to Knight. However, unbeknownst to the circus clowns (Greg Steube, Tom Knight, Kurt Hoffman, Belinda Keiser, Fred Karlinsky and Chris Nicco), their proposed Constitutional amendment is illegal and unconstitutional. Subsequently, it cannot make it to the ballot box.

Here is a brief explanation at the FDLE website:

Due to a separation of powers, the executive branch (governor/sheriff) cannot take away the self-determining power of the judiciary to protect itself. To do so presents Constitutional issues because each branch has an autonomous right to self-defense -- and other branches cannot usurp that right.

A sheriff is a member of the executive branch (an outgrowth of the governor i.e. the governor can fire and appoint sheriffs). The executive branch (either governor or sheriff) cannot Constitutionally deny the judiciary the right to self-defense because each branch is autonomous.

Concurrently, the sheriff is an "executive officer" of the judiciary e.g. he is not functioning as an "executive branch" in that capacity, but instead, he is functioning as an administrative officer of the court i.e. the sheriff is there to execute the decisions of the court.

The following two terms are completely different from each other:
    - A Florida sheriff is part of the executive branch (an outgrowth of the governor's executive branch).
    - A Florida sheriff is the "executive officer of the court" (or is an administrative officer of the court who is not acting in the capacity of the executive branch).
    - The above has historical precedent and is not a conflict of interest.

Due to Constitutional issues, it is impossible for the issue to make it to the ballot box; and even if it did, it would would be struck down because the executive branch cannot neuter the judicial branch's right to self-defense.

Here is an oversimplified PowerPoint presentation that explains the separations of powers (starting on slide 8):
    http://www.justiceteaching.org/resou...al/Schiavo.ppt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456