Opinions on article - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    I do not smoke pot. I just know a corrupt system when I see it.Why is it that prescription opiate takers, caffeine bingers,alcohol swillers, and nicotine addicts think that they are noble and proper compared to pot smokers? Is it because you have been given a permission slip from the government for those vices? Did you ask the government for a hall pass or a bathroom pass too? Do you always need someone to provide directions to you? Or can you think for yourself?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am not leftist. I vote republican candidates almost exclusively. Guess again. Your drug war is a war on the American people. I understand overwhelming force in inner city battlegrounds, but police have expanded their militarization to all corners of the country.The constitution is dead in America. If you do not honor your oath to the constitution on your shift, you are the people our Founding Fathers warned us about.You think the constitution is a joke? Why are you in America? The people are going to take this country back from the government domestic terrorists and politicians who insist on subsisting off of the poor mans misery.To see what decriminalization looks like in the real world, and not in the current police states rhetoric, look here.
    https://news.vice.com/article/ungass...weed-to-heroin

They only want to continue the drug war because they know half of them will no longer be needed when it ends. And it is hard for people to find jobs that pay high school graduates what police can make.So do not believe their rhetoric. Investigate for yourself.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...militarization

Did you ever stop and think that if you did not lock up poor fathers in record numbers for possessing a medicinal plant, that many of these problems would not exist? Are you willing to take any blame for these issues or are you always the saints and angels who can do no wrong? Law enforcement is a major contributor to the current fatherless generation. Take responsibility for it and drop the drug war. Or pay for it yourselves. I do not want my tax money wasted anymore. If you have to find another profession, suck it up. What would Jesus do?
    I am a police officer and I have served in combat in the military. I supported Ron Paul and believe in the constitution. What I get sick and tired of is people blaming the police. You are right the system is courrput. But the corruption is at the top, not at your street level cop. Look at Wall Street, the federal reserve, Congress, lobbyists. You want the people to take the country back then do it. So many internet warriors spout off at the mouth but they will never risk life and limb, they won’t give up their Starbucks and reality tv. Most cops are decent folks trying to do a tough job. You think you can do better then don’t call. There is evil in this world that will shake your middle America suburban self to the core. I have served alongside guys that have paid the ultimate sacrifice to spare you from that evil, so please spare me the police hating bull shit and go ***** about the real corrupt individuals in this country. I believe in legalizing marijuana. And yes the war on drugs need to end, but what you don’t get to see is that a lot of these “innocent fathers” you speak about that got locked up for drugs are also dealers that have guns and shoot at people. I know a guy with drugs that got arrested who shot into a car of someone who owed him drug money, only the car was not occupied by the user but his wife and kid and our friendly drug dealer knew this, put a bullet six inches from a 4 years old head. Guys with drugs who raped children, beat their wives to a pulp, have credit card printing machines and steal your identity to buy flat screen TVs at Walmart at the expense of your credit, commit organized crime, extotstion, kidnappning, human trafficking sex slaves, these guys with drugs that would put a bullet in your head if it meant they could profit it from it. So yes the system is corrupt, but corruption from the top or not, evil still exists and someone has to try and do something about it. When you are ready to do something about it then you can talk your shit, until then, shut your mouth, or go talk your crap elsewhere.

Unregistered
    I only want amnesty for non violent drug offenders. I support you 100% when you arrest violent criminals, whether they involve drugs or not. I appreciate your service and I regret that you have lost friends. I also support you 100% when you arrest anyone who commits a crime that actually has a victim, such as murder, rape, child molestation, bank robbery, burglary, etc.My point is not to defame police as I do not hate you.My point is to make people think about these issues and reply with honest answers and not rhetoric. You may not be able to change anything from the bottom or middle tier, but you still have a conscience.I do lobby Senators and Congressman for changes, and not just to law enforcement.What better place to have a debate than here about policing? At least you responded honestly and addressed certain points, which is more than anyone else here has done. I commend and respect you for that.

I also believe if the drug wars goes away, 90% of the yearly fatalities within the police ranks and within the civilian ranks will go away. The worst period in American history for police killed in the line of duty was during prohibition,from 1920-1933, when more than 2,500 police officers were killed by firearms.And this statistic does not include car accidents, heart attacks, accidental deaths, etc. That is a lot of deaths by gun violence.I resent the government for putting your lives on the line with an equally unwinnable drug war.Contrary to what you may think, I am bothered when a police officer dies in the line of duty.I believe the governments use of police resources places your lives in unnecessary jeopardy, just to protect the Big pharma, alcohol, and other companies, who want to continue with the failed drug war and with mass incarceration.If you are the officer you claim to be, I would come to your aid and risk a bullet to help you.

Unregistered
    Nobody cares who you support or what you want to see.
    Happy New Year

Unregistered
    I don’t care what your problem is.
    I support the police.

Unregistered
    Nobody cares who you support or what you want to see.
    Happy New Year
    I understand. You only praise those who praise you.Negative opinions only apply to civilians here I guess.

Unregistered
    I don’t care what your problem is I support the police.

Just another guy

Lightbulb

Why are pot smokers so mad?
    Maybe pot-smokers are mad because they don't like being beaten and kidnapped by a police force that coerces them to appear in court to be extorted by their bureaucratic bosses repeatedly and sometimes locked in cages for years w/ rapists, gangsters, and hardened criminals?

Or I don't know, maybe they're just uptight?

Unregistered
    I don’t care what your problem is I support the police.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Just another guy View Post
    Maybe pot-smokers are mad because they don't like being beaten and kidnapped by a police force that coerces them to appear in court to be extorted by their bureaucratic bosses repeatedly and sometimes locked in cages for years w/ rapists, gangsters, and hardened criminals?

Or I don't know, maybe they're just uptight?
    Just disregard this. This is Fake News.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast