Entry level separation? lol. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered

Is this a Stolen Valor type situation. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with you this would solve everything. If this storyteller lied then they could have his cert pulled for lying on an application this would solve everything. They will not do this because they are telling lies themselves and are too scared, to be honest. But please understand no one is upset I enjoy this. It is really good entertainment. The more outrageous the accusations the better it is. I know a few of the people you are talking about I really know the bald not so smart guy and think you guys riding his ass is funny as hell. I do however have to agree that if you really want to cause him harm and prove your point pull the applications. I think they are public record. If he gave false information then you have him.
    What is outrageous about calling someone out on bullshitting their service record? There no accusations, just people now really curious about THE TRUTH, calling someone out it seems. Someone mentioned that this potential BS storyteller has his face on a veterans wall at the high school?

Someone needs to verify this A$$clowns DD214 period. How long was his service? What was the character of discharge?

If this a$$clown got anything other than Honorable, (General, Entry Level Separation, whatever) someone will then upchannel this.

Anything other than "Honorable" they should just put that part of your life in a envelope and leave in a drawer and be straight with people if asked or keep your mouth closed about having any form of "military service"

What service period is this tool claiming? There are people that will out this a$$clown on YouTube.

OIF/OEF

Unregistered

just want the truth good or bad what is it?

I agree with you this would solve everything. If this storyteller lied then they could have his cert pulled for lying on an application this would solve everything. They will not do this because they are telling lies themselves and are too scared, to be honest. But please understand no one is upset I enjoy this. It is really good entertainment. The more outrageous the accusations the better it is. I know a few of the people you are talking about I really know the bald not so smart guy and think you guys riding his ass is funny as hell. I do however have to agree that if you really want to cause him harm and prove your point pull the applications. I think they are public record. If he gave false information then you have him.
    No one is out to harm anyone and no one is getting their ass rode on just if there is what someone called a "Stolen Valor" situation it really dealt need to be dealt with. If you are a vet you get where these threads are coming from. If anyone is claiming to be a veteran, but was discharged before PCS like what someone rightly identified an entry level separation, that person is not a veteran at all. They for whatever reasons were removed. That is not neccessarily shameful, but whitewashing or misrepresenting - that is shameful. Actually pathetic and disgusting. Go visit a VA hospital, look at some of our peers in our age group, want to see the after effects of IEDs? What REAL service in the military is? Who REALLY are veterans? - go spend a few hours visiting. Let me know if you dont go back to your car and want to break down - those are REAL veterans who unfortunately had to go into combat and did so honorably and honestly.

When some ejaculate waste wears a device not qualified for or fibs about "military service" it dishonors those vets who you see in the hospitals who ARE qualified, who did REALLY SERVE.

If you go to the academy and are dismissed, are you an LEO becuase you attended an academy? Nope. This is even more serious. There are a lot of people in LE who would not or did not go armed forces, or could not cut making it past 1st base in one of the branches but wanted to wear a uniform and have some power. These are the type of people who flunk psych exams for agencies who have a screening process, not just a hiring process like a small town. Backgrounds are short cut. From everything I read, whoever is the topic of discussion - be willing to BET was rejected from a larger agency and it had to do with a bad psych eval. Bet money on it. I hope whatever the truth is for ALL involved comes out and is settled.

Unregistered

False accusations

I would like to take this time to clear some of their false accusations up. I was never in the Marines. I have never said I was. I initially started to join the Marines but then the Navy recruiter sold me on the Navy Seals. I joined the Navy with a fantasy of being a Seal but did not pass the Seal test. I graduated boot camp and was assigned to the USS Acadia (AD-42). I was sent to NSA Bahrain to await my ship. While waiting I was assigned to a temporary work detail, where we were moving farnichar from barracks. During this time a large stand-up closet fell off of the back of a 2 1/2 ton six by six flatbed cargo truck on to me causing me to herniate a disc in my lower back. The disc caused me to get sent to Naval Station San Diego where I went through rehab and then was assigned to a temporary duty, where I worked with the Master at arms on the base awaiting my evaluation to return to duty. When my evaluation returned, the Navy felt they did not wish to keep me and give me an honorable discharge with a disability. I was ashamed and upset that I could not continue in my military career. I am no war hero and have never claimed to be. I have never claimed to be veteran and never collected a dime for my disability because I feel there are soldier out their way more deserving than I.
    I am sorry that there are people out there that are trying so hard to hurt me that they tell lies in an attempt to affect my character. I have never represented myself as something I am not. As for my training and experience, I am what I am, and I know what I know there are many who are better and many who are worse I have never claimed to be the best and never will. I do the best I can with what God has given me and work hard to better myself every day. I did not flunk out of boot camp and have never claimed to be anything special. As for my photo on the board of people who have served in Clewiston, that was put up by Ms. Petersen and she is completely aware of my service record.
    Let's move on to the other misrepresentations I have passed physicals and psychological evaluation for larger agencies and was even at one point offered a position. I like what I do and love working in Hendry County. I have struggled my whole life to do the best I can. I want to help as many of the youth in this County as I can because I am only here today because of the people who helped me. If you do not like that and feel you need to have me removed feel free. I work at the pleasure of my community and my employer and do the best job I can for them.
    I do not expect this to stop the false statements or attacks on me. but at least the facts are out there. I am by no means a perfect man and have made several mistakes in my career. These mistakes and the lessons I have learned from them are what makes me the man I am today.

Curtis James Clay SR.

Unregistered

Matter Closed ?

I would like to take this time to clear some of their false accusations up. I was never in the Marines. I have never said I was. I initially started to join the Marines but then the Navy recruiter sold me on the Navy Seals. I joined the Navy with a fantasy of being a Seal but did not pass the Seal test. I graduated boot camp and was assigned to the USS Acadia (AD-42). I was sent to NSA Bahrain to await my ship. While waiting I was assigned to a temporary work detail, where we were moving farnichar from barracks. During this time a large stand-up closet fell off of the back of a 2 1/2 ton six by six flatbed cargo truck on to me causing me to herniate a disc in my lower back. The disc caused me to get sent to Naval Station San Diego where I went through rehab and then was assigned to a temporary duty, where I worked with the Master at arms on the base awaiting my evaluation to return to duty. When my evaluation returned, the Navy felt they did not wish to keep me and give me an honorable discharge with a disability. I was ashamed and upset that I could not continue in my military career. I am no war hero and have never claimed to be. I have never claimed to be veteran and never collected a dime for my disability because I feel there are soldier out their way more deserving than I.
    I am sorry that there are people out there that are trying so hard to hurt me that they tell lies in an attempt to affect my character. I have never represented myself as something I am not. As for my training and experience, I am what I am, and I know what I know there are many who are better and many who are worse I have never claimed to be the best and never will. I do the best I can with what God has given me and work hard to better myself every day. I did not flunk out of boot camp and have never claimed to be anything special. As for my photo on the board of people who have served in Clewiston, that was put up by Ms. Petersen and she is completely aware of my service record.
    Let's move on to the other misrepresentations I have passed physicals and psychological evaluation for larger agencies and was even at one point offered a position. I like what I do and love working in Hendry County. I have struggled my whole life to do the best I can. I want to help as many of the youth in this County as I can because I am only here today because of the people who helped me. If you do not like that and feel you need to have me removed feel free. I work at the pleasure of my community and my employer and do the best job I can for them.
    I do not expect this to stop the false statements or attacks on me. but at least the facts are out there. I am by no means a perfect man and have made several mistakes in my career. These mistakes and the lessons I have learned from them are what makes me the man I am today.

Curtis James Clay SR.

How do you know these threads are about you? No one even gave initials but if it is you, you got a medical. Can happen to anyone. Feel for ya. I think this satisfies everyone. Stand down on getting Stolen Valor involved. Reading this whole thread, I for one didn't perceive any attempt to hurt - if you were the subject of all the interest, you were simply being called out to give the truth and it seems you did. I think you understand since you seem to be a veteran what some of these people were writing about. Carry on.

Unregistered

Disgusted

A more suitable forum for this discussion would be Yik Yak, that is where the school kids get to be anonymously petty with their trash talking about their peers. Looks like most of the posters in this thread would fit right in there. It's truly sad how childish, petty and disturbed some people are.

Unregistered
    To the original poster, congratulations on having no intestinal fortitude. Great job at making incendiary accusations without any facts and only your ill thought out assumptions. Hiding behind a computer while degrading someone who has spent his career serving his community in a relatively thankless profession is especially cowardly. My only real hope is that you are a kid (as your sentence structure suggests) at least then there is hope for you to mature into a contributing member of society. I rarely contribute to these types of discussions, especially when everyone chooses to remain anonymous. The mere fact that you chose to remain anonymous speaks volumes about you as a person and the courage you fail to have.

To those that chose to pile on and claim stolen valor you are what is wrong with the stolen valor “movement.” And that is, more often than not, you get it wrong in your self-righteous crusade to vilify someone else. Through no fault of his own, Curtis was discharged, by his own admission a medical discharge. Pre 9/11, the branches did not need the numbers they require today, if you were injured it was more likely you were one and done. If he would have been injured 5 years later he would have been returned to duty. In 2007 I can remember being on a UH-60 with a MSG in a full leg cast flying from BIAP to an outlying FOB.

I have known Curtis for over 20 years, Integrity is a value I have never questioned about him. He has always admitted his faults and is a hard worker and dedicated professional.

Respectfully,
    John Miller

Unregistered
    To the original poster, congratulations on having no intestinal fortitude. Great job at making incendiary accusations without any facts and only your ill thought out assumptions. Hiding behind a computer while degrading someone who has spent his career serving his community in a relatively thankless profession is especially cowardly. My only real hope is that you are a kid (as your sentence structure suggests) at least then there is hope for you to mature into a contributing member of society. I rarely contribute to these types of discussions, especially when everyone chooses to remain anonymous. The mere fact that you chose to remain anonymous speaks volumes about you as a person and the courage you fail to have.

To those that chose to pile on and claim stolen valor you are what is wrong with the stolen valor “movement.” And that is, more often than not, you get it wrong in your self-righteous crusade to vilify someone else. Through no fault of his own, Curtis was discharged, by his own admission a medical discharge. Pre 9/11, the branches did not need the numbers they require today, if you were injured it was more likely you were one and done. If he would have been injured 5 years later he would have been returned to duty. In 2007 I can remember being on a UH-60 with a MSG in a full leg cast flying from BIAP to an outlying FOB.

I have known Curtis for over 20 years, Integrity is a value I have never questioned about him. He has always admitted his faults and is a hard worker and dedicated professional.

Respectfully,
    John Miller

Dear "John"?

Apparently the other guy has a rep and someone simply called him out. Seems like he spoke his side and probably thats the end of it. But no one really knows, do they? It is about credibility in this profession. People on both sides of a sworn statement lie. Takes some balls, especially for a vet to go off on Stolen Valor "types" as "self righteous". "What's wrong with the movement" is whats wrong in the first place, so many BS artists especially in LE unfortunately. What purpose did it serve critiqing some posters "sentence structure". Check out your fragments, comma splices and other basic grammar and mechanic issues first. If there was Special Enforcement Unit for English Language, Cyber Division, would you be a vocabulary offender? WTF cares. We got to police ourselves, don't you think? WTF cares if some people are anonymous? Anyone can sign any name they want on here. It's great you signed a name and threw in your a war story about being there in '07 on a UH-60 with a full leg cast going to an FOB. This is LEO Affairs, Soldier of Fortune might have its own board. Was it necessary to establish your own credibility through a story? Let's all post our service records and measure each others ****s and compare ratings over breakfast at Julios? Got a yardstick to measure the bullshit or a finger to measure the truth? BTW, how did the leg turn out?

Unregistered
    To the original poster......

.....To those that chose to pile on and claim stolen valor you are what is wrong with the stolen valor “movement.” And that is, more often than not, you get it wrong in your self-righteous crusade to vilify someone else. ......

Respectfully,
    John Miller
    So to you, Stolen Valor is simply a "movement" and that "movement" operates to "vilify" people? Pretty eye opening. I read one post that someone asked if it was a "Stolen Valor" issue. Then someone obviously felt they were being "attacked" That one posters writes a defense and another person jumps to the first person defense. How did anyone know who was who? There are clearly some issues but it still seems the person who felt they were being attacked (sounds paranoid) writes a pretty good statement "defending" himself about having a disability while in service (actually it is an injury, unless you have a rating for that injury, and only after a rating can an injury be considered a "disability".)

Either way hopefully this embarassing matter can finally be put to bed. Let's move on or is there anything else which anyone wants to clairfy, alibi, blame, explain, whatever....

Unregistered

Which test was allegedly failed?

Curtis James Clay SR.
    Where did you go to boot? When you enlisted did you what source rating did you sign for? Were you Delayed Enlistment program, over or under 6 months?

Unregistered
    A more suitable forum for this discussion would be Yik Yak, that is where the school kids get to be anonymously petty with their trash talking about their peers. Looks like most of the posters in this thread would fit right in there. It's truly sad how childish, petty and disturbed some people are.
    And you were anonymously self righteous. You are probalby the only person in this thread who has ever heard of or knows what Yik Yak is. That's sad child like, petty and disturbed. Do you have a burner phone and message underage girls via Yik Yak. Are you a pedo? What else do you know about. Creepo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast