Question

Thread: Question

Unregistered

Question

Just wondering why your department would have 5 officers on the scene of a traffic accident in the city, and then turn it over to let FHP work it and the DUI driver? For the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    First off NPRPD responds to crashes in and close to our jurisdiction if requested by PCSO. In some cases part of an intersection is
    ours and the other part is PCSO. PCSO does not conduct crash investigations so FHP does it for them.

Unregistered
    I'm sorry, but this accident in question was in the city limits of NPR. It was at the intersection of Grand and Orange Grove Ave. All parts of that intersection are in the city. The drunk driver took out the light pole on the southeast corner of the intersection.

I'm just trying to figure it out. As a retired city officer myself from another Florida city, I would never have turned over an accident or DUI to FHP that occurred in my city.

Thanks for any further input.

Unregistered
    Why didn't you just walk over to them and ask.....you're "retired from another agency" you could have even walked over and just bullshyted with one of them for a while.

Or is it you're just some shytstrirrer

Unregistered
    I never claimed to be at the scene. Could be that a friend was and told me about it.

Unregistered
    Now everybody wants to be quiet. I was just asking a simple question and was hoping for a simple answer.

Unregistered
    I am curious too as to why they would turn it over to a trooper. It looks like they aren't going to answer you though.

Unregistered
    I guess they don't have a good answer.

Unregistered

Why not

Offender went to jail .....I don't care if the FBI took the case over as long as it got handled.

Unregistered
    There are no good answers to your question.