Manpower Waste? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manpower Waste?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First off this is a dead issue best then there would be no CVE on any road outside State Roads. Second then you guys would loose the 200+ vacant positions plus another 300-500 positions. The estimates were that if FHP was restricted to State Roads the man power would only be 50-60% of its current size. So all of you with under 3-4 years on the job would be gone!!
    With the current trooper shortage FHP is dealing with, why not put this practice to use? Give it a couple of months.

Unregistered
    First off this is a dead issue best then there would be no CVE on any road outside State Roads. Second then you guys would loose the 200+ vacant positions plus another 300-500 positions. The estimates were that if FHP was restricted to State Roads the man power would only be 50-60% of its current size. So all of you with under 3-4 years on the job would be gone!!
    Better to reduce the manpower. FHP can't keep wasting resources training troopers at the academy just for them leave for PD and SO.

Unregistered
    How about making all of you guys part of a PD and SO and just disband your useless agency. It would save the taxpayers alot of money and you guys were be better paid.

Unregistered
    How about making all of you guys part of a PD and SO and just disband your useless agency. It would save the taxpayers alot of money and you guys were be better paid.
    Scott tried to disband FHP in 2011. Didn't went though because the sheriffs weren't prepared to take the burden.

Unregistered
    Biggest manpower waste are the specialty positions. Get rid of them and focus on road coverage.

Too many people in car accidents are angry enough they have to wait hours for a trooper to show up.

Unregistered
    Florida must take steps to eliminate waste and redundancy in State Law Enforcement. FHP should be restricted to STATE ROADS ONLY therefore allowing them to concentrate on their intended mission, and that is to patrol the HIGHWAYS of Florida, instead of being called to work parking lot crashes or do traffic enforcement in areas already patrolled by municipal and county agencies.
    I agree Troopers should work state roads only that way the state could cut FHP in half as they would not need as many troopers are they have now.

That would save me some tax money.

Unregistered
    Everyone can point fingers at each other the SO, City and FHP. Let's just call it the truth the problem is just one factor and it's the leaders of the FHP don't know how to manage their resources. The lack of leadership and management has hurt this department for a long time. Just because you can take a test and retain information from a book doesn't make you have management skills. It means you are a good test taker. None of the upper management has been in any long term classes or training. They only learn from the person that is above them wether it is right or wrong. This agency has no checks or balances for upper management. If you just say yes sir to the guy above you then you are a great leader. This will never change, I have seen it for over 30 years. Until they really hire a management staff this will go on for another 30 years. It is what it is. 😔

Unregistered
    I agree Troopers should work state roads only that way the state could cut FHP in half as they would not need as many troopers are they have now.

That would save me some tax money.
    Where can I find this ‘FHP funding tax’ that you’re paying? I want to know how much I’m paying. I want lower taxes too.

Unregistered
    Everyone can point fingers at each other the SO, City and FHP. Let's just call it the truth the problem is just one factor and it's the leaders of the FHP don't know how to manage their resources. The lack of leadership and management has hurt this department for a long time. Just because you can take a test and retain information from a book doesn't make you have management skills. It means you are a good test taker. None of the upper management has been in any long term classes or training. They only learn from the person that is above them wether it is right or wrong. This agency has no checks or balances for upper management. If you just say yes sir to the guy above you then you are a great leader. This will never change, I have seen it for over 30 years. Until they really hire a management staff this will go on for another 30 years. It is what it is. 😔
    Come on...under the current admin most were promoted from Troop G and B and have 4x4's! I'm sure there isn't a connection there, Buba!

Unregistered
    Example: My district covers 4 counties and today we have 3 troopers to work the four counties. There are 8 THI officers sitting at the station as crashes pile up. There are 6 cve troopers working but they are no help for the road troopers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast