Manpower Waste? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manpower Waste?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And you're whining yourself because?
    I am actually sooo sick of the new lazy FHP troopers they are putting out there. Not a single one of them even has 5 years on the job and all they want to do is talk about how the department owes them. And they cry about doing traffic crashes, it makes my head spin your signed up to work for a Traffic Enforcement Agency!! I get if this isnt what you want to do leave go to the SO or PD. Meet you two year commitment then bounce!! I don't have any hard feelings for that. But what I do have hard feelings for is guys who constantly cry about doing long or short forms! This is your Fing job!! You don't think you will have to do things you dont want to at a SO or PD? I can assure you, you will..

Unregistered
    Te FHP has been working parking lot crashes in Orlando and Ocala I know for the last twenty years! No leaders at FHP only figure heads!
    You got it figured out, don't you hero. However, you're still here.

Unregistered
    I am actually sooo sick of the new lazy FHP troopers they are putting out there. Not a single one of them even has 5 years on the job and all they want to do is talk about how the department owes them. And they cry about doing traffic crashes, it makes my head spin your signed up to work for a Traffic Enforcement Agency!! I get if this isnt what you want to do leave go to the SO or PD. Meet you two year commitment then bounce!! I don't have any hard feelings for that. But what I do have hard feelings for is guys who constantly cry about doing long or short forms! This is your Fing job!! You don't think you will have to do things you dont want to at a SO or PD? I can assure you, you will..
    The constant complaining people have for troopers has me rolling. You cry about FHP the troopers they pump out? Why don't you join and make it better, you snowflake!

You're worse than the troopers FHP hire!!

Unregistered
    The constant complaining people have for troopers has me rolling. You cry about FHP the troopers they pump out? Why don't you join and make it better, you snowflake!

You're worse than the troopers FHP hire!!
    Obviously I already work here dipshit.. I don't complain I have chosen to apply elsewhere and hoping to be out of here within 6 months..

Unregistered
    With City PD's yes it would be them slacking, however with Sheriffs Office's FHP was created to patrol and work traffic crashes in unincorporated areas of the state. So its not the SO's slacking thats YOUR work. No where in your charter or FSS does it say State Roads only. And BTW the study that said limiting FHP to state roads only would also me a huge reduction in manpower for FHP. Oh BTW the every single State Road goes through a City or County Jurisdiction as well. So keep whining and you may as well put yourself out of a job.
    The Patrol focused on state roads in the early years. I was told by a senior trooper, when I was a new trooper in Orlando in the late 70s that troopers only patrolled state roads and only had authority on state roads.

Unregistered
    It’s our sh*t dispatchers that can’t grow a back bone and tell these people that we do not need to respond to a minor crash. They absolutely refuse to ask the caller questions and help find a solution so we get hosed with non sense. The next time your involved in a small crash where you can easily exchange information, please do us a favor.
    First off, I know our dispatch core is weak, however there are a multitude of reasons behind this. That being said.... Your dispatchers aren't ALLOWED to tell these people we don't need to respond as per directives from higher. It is all about NUMBERS to boost the stats. We KNOW most of the calls are crap, we don't want to send you to these stupid calls either. As for getting better dispatchers, we bleed dispatchers to other agencies even faster than we do troopers the turnover is shocking. While a good portion of it is partially due to pay, a lot has to do from dealing with attitudes like the one you are showing and the COMPLETE lack of respect from both the callers, the road AND brass. We have people with less than a year or two on acting as training officers because the Veterans we have either refuse to train because "why waste time on someone who is only going to be here a year or so" or quite frankly, the veteran dispatchers we have working are not the people you want passing on knowledge and skills.

I know this probably wont make any difference, but come on in and visit one day. Maybe grab a head set and listen in for a bit. There is a lot of us vs them mentality but really we are all on the same team.

Unregistered
    You got it figured out, don't you hero. However, you're still here.
    Uhhh....who said I was still with FHP? I wear green and still witness FHP in the same parking lots so I can do real police work! And this is why you're not a POLICE investigator...only a parking lot crash REPORTER! HA HA HA!

Unregistered
    Back to the topic, first step is to limit FHP to state roads and highways.

This will help get troopers to crashes 30 min or less. The busy areas like Miami and Orlando will greatly benefit.

Unregistered
    Stick to the topic, if you're here to insult others, leave.

Unregistered
    Back to the topic, first step is to limit FHP to state roads and highways.

This will help get troopers to crashes 30 min or less. The busy areas like Miami and Orlando will greatly benefit.
    First off this is a dead issue best then there would be no CVE on any road outside State Roads. Second then you guys would loose the 200+ vacant positions plus another 300-500 positions. The estimates were that if FHP was restricted to State Roads the man power would only be 50-60% of its current size. So all of you with under 3-4 years on the job would be gone!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast