A nice Christmas gift - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are a lot wiser than the original poster. Hope you had a good Christmas.

"Be grateful for what is rightfully yours." Decent pay and working conditions. Giving the be thankful or else line. "Original poster"
    Does he shine the chief's shoes?
    This post and the other one about "blood money" do have some a valid points. On one hand I hear the raises were given out for the good work we do and to keep retention of our officers here to what is being paid to officers/deputies on the surrounding agencies, to keep our officers working here.

But on the other hand, I have heard that there will be a lot more expected of the officers, due to the pay raises and more harassment and micromanagement, from a bi-weekly report instituted by Lt. King. A new micro-management effort is being put in place to harass the officers and cause the "tator size stress kidney stones" as mentioned in that other post. Soon King will get it down to a daily report of the officers behavior and activity report on the job. So yes, nice pay raise, but there is a bad side to it I see coming.

Unregistered
    This post and the other one about "blood money" do have some a valid points. On one hand I hear the raises were given out for the good work we do and to keep retention of our officers here to what is being paid to officers/deputies on the surrounding agencies, to keep our officers working here.

But on the other hand, I have heard that there will be a lot more expected of the officers, due to the pay raises and more harassment and micromanagement, from a bi-weekly report instituted by Lt. King. A new micro-management effort is being put in place to harass the officers and cause the "tator size stress kidney stones" as mentioned in that other post. Soon King will get it down to a daily report of the officers behavior and activity report on the job. So yes, nice pay raise, but there is a bad side to it I see coming.
    As I understood, the pay raises given by the Chief were given to raise the morale and keep retention here of the officers compared to the pay of the other surrounding agencies and make this place very compatible/completive ...? WTF..? Has the consistent complaints....complaints - of the very bad micromanagement here, ever been heard or addressed...? Until this issue is addressed, it doesn't matter how much of a pay raise is given, morale will always be low with the bad micromanagement by the Capt. and the two LT.'s, namely King, and his crazy ideas of how to lead people, which is through aggressive harassment and bullying. It will never work. People will not follow this kind of leadership, ever! And always complain.

Unregistered
    That was my point with the 'blood money' comment. Yes, we all, ultimately, work for the paycheck and retirement; however, there is a threshold to the tolerance limit for each of us. Those that reach it and can do so will move on to other agencies.

We also must remember that there is a distinct difference between leadership and management. What we have here for the most part is (micro) management and bullying. A leader is out front demonstrating by example in attitude and deed the ethos that he desires to in his subordinates. He builds teamwork by supporting every member of his organization, permitting lessons to be learned and fostering an environment of trust and cohesion amongst all personnel who never have to question the allegiance of the chain of command so long as they act in good faith and remain honorable in their daily endeavors.

This is not some secret formula, but the bedrock of team-building and the absolute responsibility of leadership at every level.

Anyone can be appointed to management; it takes experience, knowledge, dedication and above all else a quiet confidence to be a leader. A leader does the right thing for his subordinates regardless of personal risk, what not ask anything of them that he could not do more proficiently and demonstrates these qualities always.

Unregistered
    Is this for the other campuses too?

Unregistered
    As I understood, the pay raises given by the Chief were given to raise the morale and keep retention here of the officers compared to the pay of the other surrounding agencies and make this place very compatible/completive ...? WTF..? Has the consistent complaints....complaints - of the very bad micromanagement here, ever been heard or addressed...? Until this issue is addressed, it doesn't matter how much of a pay raise is given, morale will always be low with the bad micromanagement by the Capt. and the two LT.'s, namely King, and his crazy ideas of how to lead people, which is through aggressive harassment and bullying. It will never work. People will not follow this kind of leadership, ever! And always complain.
    There are ways to report your feelings of micromanagement and Bullying but that would require you to file a complaint and sign your name.

SO MAKE THE DAMN COMPLIANT ALREADY OR SHUT UP AND DO YOUR JOB. !!!

Unregistered
    Is this for the other campuses too?
    Who? What?

Unregistered
    There are ways to report your feelings of micromanagement and Bullying but that would require you to file a complaint and sign your name.

I sincerely hope you aren't a command staff member. I can't imagine anyone else who would get on here and argue this point. You are supposed to be above this.

Unregistered
    I sincerely hope you aren't a command staff member. I can't imagine anyone else who would get on here and argue this point. You are supposed to be above this.
    Exactly. Our complaints have nothing to do with the job. It is a good job, and it could be a great place to work, but the micromanagement from the Lt.'s and the Capt. is very bad and causing very low morale. Any job that is stat driven and put on the employees/officers will always have bad morale complaints. FHP, is finally figuring this out, we are behind times.
    Those climate surveys went no where and were scrapped under the rug.

Unregistered

I would not feel like you would be objective to any complaint. Is it you who is the bully and micro manager?

Unregistered
    How are we being Micromanaged? I only read about it on here so can someone just explain it to me ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast