Employment - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Employment

Unregistered
    Go somewhere else. This ship is sinkng fast like the Titanic.

Unregistered
    Ship is sinking how? Seems every department I look into, someone mentions how bad it's getting there, and to not bother. I've actually heard more positive things about the TPD than any other agency I've looked into.

Unregistered
    He's right. Last contract we got 5-5-5 raises. This contract we got 3-3-3.5. Its sad when a 10 year officer makes only $90K a year, earning a pension after 20 years. You'll find much better at any agency outside TPD. (obvious sarcasm)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He's right. Last contract we got 5-5-5 raises. This contract we got 3-3-3.5. Its sad when a 10 year officer makes only $90K a year, earning a pension after 20 years. You'll find much better at any agency outside TPD. (obvious sarcasm)
    I dont know who you work for, but TPD did NOT get a 5-5-5 last contract! We got less than this contract!!!

Unregistered

Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your numbers are off 3,3.5,4.

Unregistered
    You are correct. I apologize. Anyway, TPD is the best department around no matter how you look at it.

Unregistered
    TPD is just another mediocre Florida agency. I believe that most of us know this and are able to deal with that reality because we are paid very very well.

Unregistered1
    How about the overtime, is it readily available? I'm use to working 25-30 hrs ot a week.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1 View Post
    How about the overtime, is it readily available? I'm use to working 25-30 hrs ot a week.
    Tons of overtime. All you want to work. If you work overtime on Sundays (which there is a ton) you get paid double time and a half. Also any city sponsored events get double time and a half. Most off duty jobs don't pay overtime. Rather they pay a flat rate of $110 an hour with a 5 hour minimum. Best part is you don't have to pay taxes or pension contributions on any of it.

Unregistered
    Not sure where the above poster works but I'd hope anyone would know that's not the case of course. U can get OT for off duty court time and some grant positions offer some OT. The major way to make extra $$$ is to work extra duty jobs. There's plenty of off duty jobs available as a ton go unfilled each week. Between Raymond James stadium, Amalie Arena and the other multitude of events that go on in the city there's always extra money avaialable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast