Employment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Employment

Unregistered

Question Employment

Currently attending the academy at HCC as a self-sponsor. I want to apply at TPD. I was told by a Sgt. who came and taught that employment process has a 1 year wait list. When I view the application it states to wait until one month before the applicant graduates.

For those who recently applied and having pre-cert credentials, how long was the process for you?

Unregistered
    The process with prior was still 7-8 months.

Unregistered1

?

So there's a 1 year waiting list to even start the hiring process? Or does the process itself take a year to complete?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1 View Post
    So there's a 1 year waiting list to even start the hiring process? Or does the process itself take a year to complete?
    Process is usually 7-12 months and starts as soon as you place your application. There is not a wait time to start the hiring process after you become certified.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Currently attending the academy at HCC as a self-sponsor. I want to apply at TPD. I was told by a Sgt. who came and taught that employment process has a 1 year wait list. When I view the application it states to wait until one month before the applicant graduates.

For those who recently applied and having pre-cert credentials, how long was the process for you?
    Was the sergeant sporting a ridiculous mustache and was an expert at everything? Did he also smell bad?

His nick name is code red Ed............I wouldn't listen to ANYTHING he says. He is a clown.

Unregistered

Oral board

is there an oral board during hiring process, or a one on one interview?

Unregistered
    is there an oral board during hiring process, or a one on one interview?
    Yes but it depends on several factors.

Unregistered
    Process is usually 7-12 months and starts as soon as you place your application. There is not a wait time to start the hiring process after you become certified.
    Anyone have suggestions to stand out rest of the applicants?

Unregistered
    The standard education and experience always helps. Prior law enforcement, military, bachelors or masters, additional languages, things like that. If you don’t have those then you would have to rely on the other things like being someone’s kid or relative, a minority quota or female quota.

Unregistered
    Show up in front of the oral board and say "what you see is what you get", then leave. Or show up in PT clothes and do 100 push ups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast