MDPD Application 2017
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

MDPD Application 2017

Two days ago I applied for police officer position with MDPD and today I checked and it says not selected. I thought that at least they will wait until the application period ends which is on 12/19 to choose who is selected or not. I don't even think what was the reason, I meet all requirements for the position but it says NOT SELECTED. Too soon to be DQ, lol.

Does anyone have idea of why?

Unregistered
    Yes. We don't need anymore laterals from Miami Police.

Unregistered
    I just checked my application and it says the same thing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. We don't need anymore laterals from Miami Police.
    Laterals? What u mean?

Unregistered
    Laterals? What u mean?
    Laterals mean your a certified police officer coming from another department.. you would be considered Non Certified...i applied today and have not seen no movement..and i was a formal employee there years ago...i just would have to go through another academy again and i'm 46 years old..let's see if they take me again...

Unregistered
    People... Miami Dade Police has a leoaffairs and a thread for applicants.

Also, MDPD has temporarily shut down their job ad until Monday... for those who applied this week need to re-apply. Why they do this? or what happened? who knows, but lets all hope for the best. Good luck!

Unregistered
    I re-applied today again to MDPD. They opened a new job # from today through Jan 1. I think almost everyone have been getting emails to reapply. Something was not correct with the minimum requirements.

Unregistered

Cool

I re-applied today again to MDPD. They opened a new job # from today through Jan 1. I think almost everyone have been getting emails to reapply. Something was not correct with the minimum requirements.
    You do realize that MDPD now requires 60 college credits. Unlike in Miami PD which a GED will get you into the academy.

Unregistered

Mdpd

MDPD hirings are in shambles, many questions are lingering over practices on hiring applicants

Unregistered

Thumbs up

MDPD hirings are in shambles, many questions are lingering over practices on hiring applicants
    MDPD has adopted the hiring practice of the City. Family and friends over people with experience, military and/or a college degree. Sad, but who can you blame when they need over 800 officers just like here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast