Is Miami Dade Corrections biased?

Unregistered

Is Miami Dade Corrections biased?

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that this department only hires black officers. Hispanic and White candidates get turned down or at least rarely hires. I work for state corrections at Dade CI in Florida City and 10 officers (including myself) applied to Miami Dade in 2017. 6 blacks, 3 Hispanics, and 1 white. After the process and everything, the black officers where hired and the rest of us were turned down and not just in 2017 but also in 2015 and 2016. I might be wrong but can anyone tell me if this is the case? Am sorry if I offended anyone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that this department only hires black officers. Hispanic and White candidates get turned down or at least rarely hires. I work for state corrections at Dade CI in Florida City and 10 officers (including myself) applied to Miami Dade in 2017. 6 blacks, 3 Hispanics, and 1 white. After the process and everything, the black officers where hired and the rest of us were turned down and not just in 2017 but also in 2015 and 2016. I might be wrong but can anyone tell me if this is the case? Am sorry if I offended anyone.
    Did you all apply off of the 10/2017 posting?

Unregistered
    No I applied in February 2017 and I applied before in 2016 and 2015

Unregistered
    Oh, ok. I applied for the October posting and haven't heard anything.
    I've heard they can be pretty biased. Buying into that whole "representative corrections" theory where the staff should mirror the inmate population.

Unregistered
    I mean isn't that wrong? To hire only black people and pass over good correctional officers is discrimination. I heard since it is heavily controlled by blacks that they harass the non-black employees because they are now the majority in the department.

Unregistered
    I mean isn't that wrong? To hire only black people and pass over good correctional officers is discrimination. I heard since it is heavily controlled by blacks that they harass the non-black employees because they are now the majority in the department.
    Wait until after the elections and see if amendment 10 passes; three will be a "New Sheriff" in town.

That black Mafia needs to be torn down.

Unregistered
    Is this still an issue at Miami Dade Corrections? I am thinking on applying? I am Hispanic by the way.

Unregistered
    Is this still an issue at Miami Dade Corrections? I am thinking on applying? I am Hispanic by the way.
    Unless you know someone you don't stand a chance.

Unregistered
    Unless you know someone you don't stand a chance.
    Thanks. I won't bother applying then. Seems like down here is all about who you blow more than know.