Burnout
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnout

Unregistered

Burnout

Does your agency have supervisory training to identify burnout? In your case, mass burnout? Are there methods in place to make adjustments and treat it? Based on all these posts about being understaffed, bad moral, botton line officers not being understood by commanding officers, the punishments outweighing rewards, and lack of support, this is a serious issue and needs to be acknowledged. Officers are the line between anarchy and peace. Officers are not the same a corporate employees. These posts are not a good sign within your agency.

Unregistered
    Yes. You will be mocked and told to quit if you don’t like it.

Unregistered
    So essentially, they use you all up until you have nothing emotionally left to give and then are cast away as defective when you burn out. That is not a good sign as far as your management is concerned. I think this is common in the field of law enforcement in general. These are the reason why cops make mstakes or treat people bad. Not because of “bad cops”, but because of poor leadership.

Unregistered
    Almost two years since this thread started and still no mid shift, still short handed, and still going home late...

“Being exposed to repetitive stress leads to changes in the brain chemistry and density that affect emotional and physical health. Most are familiar with the idea of PTSD and understand a LEO’s exposure to trauma can lead to it, but it is a myth that one big traumatic event is usually the precipitator of PTSD. In reality it is repetitive stressful events that cause burnout, depression, anxiety, and PTSD.”

Lets not forget the HCSO’s famous constant negative feedback only management philosophy.

Burnout is still not a priority. I guess decals and name stickers come first.

Just keep treating burned out deputies and detectives as defective and cast them aside.

Anyone that is smart enough to quit this agency due to burnout will be labeled as someone who could not hack it.

Nothing will ever change here. Well, I mean, for us grunts.

Unregistered
    Two years later and still the same whining wimp posting that he has to work for his wages. Still don’t like it after two years? As you can see, nothing is going to change to accommodate the one crying baby so just go ahead and quit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Almost two years since this thread started and still no mid shift, still short handed, and still going home late...

“Being exposed to repetitive stress leads to changes in the brain chemistry and density that affect emotional and physical health. Most are familiar with the idea of PTSD and understand a LEO’s exposure to trauma can lead to it, but it is a myth that one big traumatic event is usually the precipitator of PTSD. In reality it is repetitive stressful events that cause burnout, depression, anxiety, and PTSD.”

Lets not forget the HCSO’s famous constant negative feedback only management philosophy.

Burnout is still not a priority. I guess decals and name stickers come first.

Just keep treating burned out deputies and detectives as defective and cast them aside.

Anyone that is smart enough to quit this agency due to burnout will be labeled as someone who could not hack it.

Nothing will ever change here. Well, I mean, for us grunts.
    The office is the reason for the PTSD. In order to fix it, they would have to acknowledge it and fix themselves from the top down. At Inservice this year, they discussed how the brass had an open door policy about PTSD, but no one uses it. Of course not. No one believes it. If there’s a disconnect between the top and the troops, it’s because the top has created that atmosphere.

The Bible says that the leader of the family is held accountable for all issues within the family. If there’s a problem in the family, it’s the leader’s job to fix it. We are consistently told this is a metaphorical family, and we are all brothers and sisters working together towards a common goal. This has not been my observation. We are a dysfunctional family with self-absorbed, deadbeat parents. No child trusts parents who have established an absentee and hypocritical pattern of behavior. If I had PTSD, if I were thinking about killing myself, the LAST place I would turn to for help would be “my family” at HCSO.

Unregistered
    The office is the reason for the PTSD. In order to fix it, they would have to acknowledge it and fix themselves from the top down. At Inservice this year, they discussed how the brass had an open door policy about PTSD, but no one uses it. Of course not. No one believes it. If there’s a disconnect between the top and the troops, it’s because the top has created that atmosphere.

The Bible says that the leader of the family is held accountable for all issues within the family. If there’s a problem in the family, it’s the leader’s job to fix it. We are consistently told this is a metaphorical family, and we are all brothers and sisters working together towards a common goal. This has not been my observation. We are a dysfunctional family with self-absorbed, deadbeat parents. No child trusts parents who have established an absentee and hypocritical pattern of behavior. If I had PTSD, if I were thinking about killing myself, the LAST place I would turn to for help would be “my family” at HCSO.
    Go fukc your mother.

Unregistered
    D2 best place to be no complaints

Unregistered
    Go fukc your mother.
    Thank you for providing us with an example of that disconnect the poster was talking about.

Unregistered
    Go fukc your mother.
    Nothing says, “Chad cares,” quite like, “Go fukc your mother.” Maybe that can be his campaign slogan this year, and it can be put on our cars too, right below his name. It seems to be the theme of this administration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast