This county is falling apart
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

This county is falling apart

What in in God’s name has happened to this county? Bums everywhere. Hwy 60 now looks like Fowler Ave. New Tampa was once so nice. All the old nice areas away from the lost cause that is Tampa are now riddled with gang banger section 8 trash. Trailer trash and addicts everyehere. I blame our government, courts, and our agency. As cops we become more and more scared to act on a daily basis. I deal with more transient people than ever. Most everyone I deal with are new to the area. Mostly scumbags. As this county grows, especially with bad people, we are not compensating with more cops and aggressive policing. We are burning out and buried in Nonsense. I truly believe that bad people move here because we have a reputation of not being around and for having a very lenient and liberal court system. Not only is it time to quit this job (not a career. In a career you grow and progress), but its also time to move away from this dump before it become another Miami. Hell, at least Metro/Dade police have the know how and enough officers to handle their problems. Most our squads are at half capacity with either brand new deputies that are too slow and bury themselves in paper or seasoned deputies that have long since burned out from all the politics and all the negative reinforcement that they dont give one crap anymore and work slow because there is no reward for going above and beyond. Maybe its time to be cops again and to show bad people that coming here is a bad idea. No? Not political?

This agency and county is one massive sinking ship. With the increasing mental health issues and constant shootings, its time to leave. Good luck out there people because they dont know what our jobs are and they dont know how to stick up for us in order to do our jobs in the first place. In the end, you get what you see outside. A deteriorating county.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What in in God’s name has happened to this county? Bums everywhere. Hwy 60 now looks like Fowler Ave. New Tampa was once so nice. All the old nice areas away from the lost cause that is Tampa are now riddled with gang banger section 8 trash. Trailer trash and addicts everyehere. I blame our government, courts, and our agency. As cops we become more and more scared to act on a daily basis. I deal with more transient people than ever. Most everyone I deal with are new to the area. Mostly scumbags. As this county grows, especially with bad people, we are not compensating with more cops and aggressive policing. We are burning out and buried in Nonsense. I truly believe that bad people move here because we have a reputation of not being around and for having a very lenient and liberal court system. Not only is it time to quit this job (not a career. In a career you grow and progress), but its also time to move away from this dump before it become another Miami. Hell, at least Metro/Dade police have the know how and enough officers to handle their problems. Most our squads are at half capacity with either brand new deputies that are too slow and bury themselves in paper or seasoned deputies that have long since burned out from all the politics and all the negative reinforcement that they dont give one crap anymore and work slow because there is no reward for going above and beyond. Maybe its time to be cops again and to show bad people that coming here is a bad idea. No? Not political?

This agency and county is one massive sinking ship. With the increasing mental health issues and constant shootings, its time to leave. Good luck out there people because they dont know what our jobs are and they dont know how to stick up for us in order to do our jobs in the first place. In the end, you get what you see outside. A deteriorating county.
    I agree you are scared.

Unregistered
    Everyone should move to Polk because they have a sheriff who talks tough about fighting crime. As a result, Polk has almost zero crime there. Eventually every cop in the area will move to Polk because it is a virtual haven for those who fear crime. The grass looks really green over there, and we all know how the little baby loves to look at that greener grass.

Unregistered
    Everyone should move to Polk because they have a sheriff who talks tough about fighting crime. As a result, Polk has almost zero crime there. Eventually every cop in the area will move to Polk because it is a virtual haven for those who fear crime. The grass looks really green over there, and we all know how the little baby loves to look at that greener grass.

Everyone envies Polk County because they have law enforcement deputies. However, Hillsborough County has secretaries.

And, if you don't like the little baby who loves to look at the green grass... (Say it with me now) You should quit!

Unregistered
    Haa I see CC has assigned one of his golden boys to rebuttle anything negative. Why not acknowledge that there is serious issues in this agency. Uneven discipline, lack man power to name a few. Throw as much money as u want at people but thr still leaving. 10 in the last 4 weeks. Thats a whole squad.

Unregistered
    Names and employement are public record. Who has left?

Unregistered
    Names and employement are public record. Who has left?

All those who realized that they DON'T need the Sheriff's Office to have a well paying job with decent benefits and retirement benefits. So they all said ..."Ummmm, NO... I'm not putting up with this crap anymore. Buh-Bye"

Unregistered
    All those who realized that they DON'T need the Sheriff's Office to have a well paying job with decent benefits and retirement benefits. So they all said ..."Ummmm, NO... I'm not putting up with this crap anymore. Buh-Bye"
    So there is all this opportunity out there and so many people have already left. You're miserable, what's keeping you around? No one else will hire you?

Unregistered
    10 people have left in the last 4 weeks?? 10 people unplanned people? Who just got fed up? Weird that I haven’t heard of this until now. Sounds like bs to me.

Unregistered
    Go into personell inquiry it listed for everyone to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast