Please go

Thread: Please go

Unregistered

Please go

I cant remember when we have had a more incompetent Secretary.

---Soft on crime (a previously feared prison system is now Julie Jones Daycare)
    ---No retaliation against Offender's or Inmates. However, it's fine to retaliate against Officer's.
    ---Has never worked a day in a Prison or Corrections setting in her life (but she can run it)
    ---Has basically lost Community Corrections (no idea what P&P does and keeps Nimer in charge.
    ---Constantly lies to the Media
    ---Have not met 1 Legislator who thinks she is qualified to be where she is.

(Community Corrections)

---Almost defunct
    ---Promoted Leaders that are just puppets
    ---Almost lost and still may all of P&P to local Sheriffs
    ---No respect left for P&P, they cover numbers up, lie about stats and put public safety at risk daily.

Don't expect much of anything this year, she and entire staff will be fired with new Governor, why not leave now.

Unregistered
    Agree, Its well known certain counties want to take Felony Probation (Don't know if good or bad). It has been so poorly run that just about anybody could take over and improve it drastically. The things we do now, I have to ask myself why we are even needed. Lets face it, or main goal is to keep the public safe. That requires us to put people in Jail or to investigate possible new criminal behavior. We do everything we can to keep them out of Jail to the point of not doing our job and the Administration lying to the Legislator and the public with made up recidivist stats.

Brothers and Sisters on the inside of the fence. May God bless you and your families because this Secretary not only does not give a crap, she doesn't have a clue what she is doing. At least some of your regional administration has a clue.

Unregistered
    I don't work for Probation and Parole. I'm interested how you are not putting people in Jail. Do you have facts to back this up. Example, are you not arresting people that are in violation and why? What facts do you have that recidivist statistics are made up. This would be a very good story but more facts are needed.

Unregistered
    For several years I've been saying that if the dept. dilutes the law enforcement aspect of probation, our reason for being disappears. We have approx 2000 officers who's hands are effectively tied. If they let us loose to do what we are authorized to do, it would be impressive. Give officers and supervisors discretion to get potentially dangerous felons off of the street right now, with the same discretion to help the smaller percentage that's actually needs and wants it. Right now, we are the largest wasted resource in the criminal justice system. 2000 officers who spend 80% of their time behind their desks doing paperwork or being trained on the latest "big idea" to come down from on high.

Unregistered
    I spoke with an Officer yesterday who wants to remain anonymous. It's my understanding that their are 3 types of Probation in Florida MM, Juvenile and State Probation. I also understand State Probation is the only one certified by FDLE and attend an Academy similar to Police. This makes sense since your dealing with the most serious. I was informed that it is very common to let a convicted Felon who just tested positive for illegal drugs and admitted his or her usage to walk out of your office w/o being arrested. Is this true and how often is this going on ? I was also informed that directives have been given to let an offender go even if he or she has an active arrest warrant (which I assume would be a Felony warrant).

What about tips reference ongoing criminal behavior ? is this followed up on

What happens during a search of an offender's home ? This is permitted w/o a search warrant ?

What is the "safe place". I have been told this is how your Administrators want your Offices' viewed. Is Probation or Parole not supposed to be punishment for a crime.

How are recidivist stats being skewed ? I have a good idea but need examples.

Do you as Officer's feel is if you are truly protecting the public ?

This could be a huge story. I need feedback. Has anyone ever kept track of how many people you let go.

Unregistered
    Snitches end up in ditches. Go get your big story somewhere else.