Rectangle patch

Thread: Rectangle patch

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Rectangle patch

When was the rectangular patch used as far as dates go? I can’t find a single picture of a officer wearing it anywhere. I have one in my collection and was just curious. Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    I bet Captain Little Man Syndrome stole them all when he got fired here during his first tour.

Unregistered
    I believe it is an old Road Guard patch, before AgLaw became a fully authorized state law enforcement agency. The website was changed after Commissioner Putnam was elected, and now does not include any references to the history of the agency. Unfortunately, everything about the transition from road guard to the current status was deleted.

Thanks for the info. And yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Not it being a road guard patch but the info and history being deleted.

Unregistered
    The square patch was when aglaw was created in 1994. It was replaced in the early 2000s by Bronson with the circle badge patch. Putnam replace that patch with the current one. Aglaw has been a full LEO department since 1994. The only change in the early 2000s that references aglaw becoming a full LEO department was the addition of aglaw to the statewide UTC issuing authority. The rest of aglaw authorization is the same as it was in 1994. Aglaw works at the will of the commissioner.

Oh ok. Well that’s the info I was looking for. Thank you. And I kinda figured that since it has always been OA”LE” that law enforcement powers where granted.

Unregistered
    Since you asked: The "rectangle patch" came into being in March of 1994 (when the tan uniforms were replaced with green) and was part of the uniform until July 0f 2004. This patch mirrored the striping scheme on the cars at the time which was IMHO embarrasing to say the least. The rectangle patch superseded a shield shaped black and gold patch, which had the word "Officer" and department name embroidered on it, and was worn from around 1985-1994. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the input. That's the information I was looking for. When I found the patch, the guy told me it was a US Department of Ag/CS Law Enforcement. Made me laugh a little bit.