Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
JP IS NOT going to get any one killed; just like those brothers and sisters who were killed under previous Director's were not murdered because of those Directors' policies and practices at the time of their deaths. What will get officers killed is hesitation, timidity and just plain fear of using his or her pistol or whatever weapon of opportunity is available to the officer to defend his or her life when evil comes calling. Then it will not be how fast you are or even how accurate you have been during firearms training. It will be how willing you are to use deadly force to defend your life against a criminal willing and able to take it.

The best practice is to be mentally ready to do whatever is necessary to save one's life and even then, evil may still win. It is the reality of our calling! So instead of deriding J P, let us thank God that our brother officer survived "this" dance with the devil.
You sir do not live in reality if you say that all of these polices that have changed under this administration, including the dismantlement of the high profile units and the implementation of the bwc coupled with the de escalation and the many other more subtle messages that way in the minds of every officer on the street as they have to make those decisions. “Am I right?” “Did I do everything that I was supposed to prior to using deadly force?” No. I cannot agree with you. No other director has taken the steps this one has. He is on his own.