JP the man that's going to get an officer killed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    JP IS NOT going to get any one killed; just like those brothers and sisters who were killed under previous Director's were not murdered because of those Directors' policies and practices at the time of their deaths. What will get officers killed is hesitation, timidity and just plain fear of using his or her pistol or whatever weapon of opportunity is available to the officer to defend his or her life when evil comes calling. Then it will not be how fast you are or even how accurate you have been during firearms training. It will be how willing you are to use deadly force to defend your life against a criminal willing and able to take it.

The best practice is to be mentally ready to do whatever is necessary to save one's life and even then, evil may still win. It is the reality of our calling! So instead of deriding J P, let us thank God that our brother officer survived "this" dance with the devil.
    You sir do not live in reality if you say that all of these polices that have changed under this administration, including the dismantlement of the high profile units and the implementation of the bwc coupled with the de escalation and the many other more subtle messages that way in the minds of every officer on the street as they have to make those decisions. “Am I right?” “Did I do everything that I was supposed to prior to using deadly force?” No. I cannot agree with you. No other director has taken the steps this one has. He is on his own.

Unregistered
    You sir do not live in reality if you say that all of these polices that have changed under this administration, including the dismantlement of the high profile units and the implementation of the bwc coupled with the de escalation and the many other more subtle messages that way in the minds of every officer on the street as they have to make those decisions. “Am I right?” “Did I do everything that I was supposed to prior to using deadly force?” No. I cannot agree with you. No other director has taken the steps this one has. He is on his own.
    No, you are the master of your fate, the protectors of your life and no proliferation of specialized units or absences thereof; mandate for each of you to wear a body camera will keep you from a rendezvous with destiny. The day when you will encounter that person who for whatever reason decided to kill you with whatever weapon the person has at his or her disposal. Worse, if that person is the proverbial "harmless" unarmed attacker bent on taking your firearm and killing you with it; Charles Street immediately comes to mind. Then what will you do? Today we witnessed uncommon valor and resoluteness not to fall prey to a vicious killer. Airport Motor Officer Mario Gutierrez is yet another exemplary example. I pray that when your day comes, whether you are still active or retired, that you will be mentally ready save your own live.

Unregistered
    No, you are the master of your fate, the protectors of your life and no proliferation of specialized units or absences thereof; mandate for each of you to wear a body camera will keep you from a rendezvous with destiny. The day when you will encounter that person who for whatever reason decided to kill you with whatever weapon the person has at his or her disposal. Worse, if that person is the proverbial "harmless" unarmed attacker bent on taking your firearm and killing you with it; Charles Street immediately comes to mind. Then what will you do? Today we witnessed uncommon valor and resoluteness not to fall prey to a vicious killer. Airport Motor Officer Mario Gutierrez is yet another exemplary example. I pray that when your day comes, whether you are still active or retired, that you will be mentally ready save your own live.
    Your argument doesn't make any sense. You're bringing up the mindset of an officer during a deadly situation, something that no one is arguing about. However, you don't bother to address the fact that with this shift to more community policing violent crimes has skyrocketed. So with violent crimes skyrocketing isn't it more likely that an officer will be facing more of a threat, particularly in a gun riddled district, than he would if that crime rate was lowered? An analogy I can provide to hopefully help you understand is that if you're driving in an empty highway you're far less likely to crash into another vehicle than you would traveling in one that's filled with other vehicles driving recklessly. So your argument would be like saying "yes, but as a defensive driver you have to.....". Do you know realize how ridiculously misguided your statements are?

Unregistered
    JP is a babbling idiot, who doesn't speak English or Spanish fluently.

Unregistered
    JP would sell any one of us down the river in a New York minute if it meant him benefiting from the deed. He has not heart or soul. He is not one of us.

Unregistered
    You whiney BABIES. Shut the F**K up already and do the jobs you are so handsomely paid to do.
    We have job security, great salary, great pension, take home cars, etc.,etc.

Plus as an added benefit we have a leader that is an ace breakdancer from the 80's era.

You go JP!

Unregistered
    Perfectly written, by “THE DRIVER.”

Unregistered
    You whiney BABIES. Shut the F**K up already and do the jobs you are so handsomely paid to do.
    We have job security, great salary, great pension, take home cars, etc.,etc.

Plus as an added benefit we have a leader that is an ace breakdancer from the 80's era.

You go JP!
    Sounds like you are being paid with sausage Sport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12