Skyrocketing resisting arrest charges
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Skyrocketing resisting arrest charges

In recent years resisting arrest charges have increased greatly, and those in the know have explained that certain corrupt officers will often use this as a smokescreen to get away with using force against a suspect. Nowhere is this more apparent than in New York City, a place that has been in the news due to the events surrounding the untimely death of Eric Garner. The NYPD has long had a fairly solid reputation, but that’s beginning to change, especially when people look at records involving police brutality and resisting arrest charges. An analysis of the NYPD found that in the last five years they’ve had roughly 50,000 resisting arrest charges levied against people, that nearly half of those charges were made by only 5% of police officers, and that roughly 75% of those charges were made by an only slightly larger 15% of officers. The report even found one officer that had been the subject of 10 lawsuits within just two years but somehow still found a job on the force.

The reporter argues that the NYPD needs to put together a much more robust and comprehensive system for dealing with police officers who are abusing their positions and costing the city millions. He argues that with all the money the NYPD spends on crime predicting technology they should be able to afford to look at negative trends within their own ranks, and remove people who are truly a cancer in the body of the police department. But for whatever reason, whether it’s a desire by higher-ups for these men to continue behaving the way they do or simply disorganization, these officers remain on the force and continue to cause problems.

Unregistered
    I guess we should fell lucky, that no study is being done at MPD. Well not so much for resisting arrest, but to falsifying police reports. Lying under oath. In a he said, she said situation, the officers word will always be taken by out beloved State's Attorney office and most Judges. Even, when the one arrested can produce a dozen witness, as to how it really
    when down. Rarely, if ever has any judge called into question our actions. Unless we are the one under indictment. The States Attorney, will plea down the charges, for a conviction rate or No action on the charges for the good of the community, yes laugh now. It shouldn't matter who you are in this department. If you found to be lying under oath or submitting false documents. You should be fired! We've all run into that azzhole, who just get under your skin and needs to be shown a lesson. Is it really worth it to you, to have the last say and arrest one? Taking a chance with your career and reputation. Today, he got away with pissing me off. Tomorrow, if he's not all ready arrested by another. He'll try some more, stupid behavior, get carried away and then you got him. I wouldn't be surprised, if it's not being done already. Soon FDLE or one of the many 3 letter agencies in the federal system, will start putting UC'S in controlled situation. To get a officers to fly off the handle and watch, then read some of the best creative writing, ever written.

Unregistered
    And what do the liberals like you proposed we should do ,have you ever arrested a highly intoxicated individual that is kicking and spitting in your face . you are not an officer please go back to read the Communist manifesto

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And what do the liberals like you proposed we should do ,have you ever arrested a highly intoxicated individual that is kicking and spitting in your face . you are not an officer please go back to read the Communist manifesto
    Liberal? Cause, I don't stack charges? Maybe, I should just K-lite them for being a azzhole too. Most arrest made here now a days are for stats. To ever please that supervisor of yours. If ones drunk and not causing any problem. It's not a issue for me to get involved or arrest them. One bails from a stolen car, knowing he has a 50/50 chance of getting away on foot. I still don't charge with resisting arrest. Even if I got to take my old sorry azz out of my lunch mobile and chase him. If ones TOLD, before you try to cuff them your under arrest. I can see the charge. If one runs as you approach. How is he resisting arrest? Cause you yell stop police or questioned your actions of why your trying to man handle them. Oh that's right YOUR UNIFORM is you skin of armor, that should be obeyed and never questioned. A little history lesson for you. Communist never charge with resisting arrest, they just shoot you and leave you on the side of the road. You think your uniform commands respect especially within MPD? No! When we don't even respect each other, only use each other for promotions or transfers to special units. Unless your that minority race, white employed here. Then you got nothing coming. Cause my opinion differs from yours. Doesn't make me a less of a cop then you. Get some time under your belt and a few administration gone thru, with ever changing rules and policies. then lets have this conversation again.

Unregistered
    Before you quote someone else , take some time and read the statute . this is not the place or the time to try to teach you anything . first able in that article that you kept repeating without finding any facts for yourself , do you know the facts about each individual case before you spill your ignorant comments . the law clearly states that anyone that resist , obstruct or OPPOSED any law enforcement from doing his legal duties shall be charged with resisting arrest at the moment I give you a lawfully order to seize your behavior and you continue is resisting .the law gives us that ,is been like that since Roman times I been here probably longer that you and before you spill your comments again full of insults and ignorance which is expected from someone like you , take some time and reflect on your comments. Those offices in new York do you know the areas that they work or the times or the type of calls that they were responding the consequences surrounding the incident have you review case by case each incident were you there to determined that the suspect did not opposed the officer command at any time . why wasn't all those hundreds of officers prosecuted for false arrest . did the court system dismissed most of that type of cases not because they are illegal but the court is trying to avoid giving extra time and overflowing the jail system very well knowing that no one wants to go to jail and opposed the officer making the arrest of course followed by liberal court and totally disrespect for law enforcement nowadays informed yourself you obviously have no idea about law enforcement

Unregistered
    Before you quote someone else , take some time and read the statute . this is not the place or the time to try to teach you anything . first able in that article that you kept repeating without finding any facts for yourself , do you know the facts about each individual case before you spill your ignorant comments . the law clearly states that anyone that resist , obstruct or OPPOSED any law enforcement from doing his legal duties shall be charged with resisting arrest at the moment I give you a lawfully order to seize your behavior and you continue is resisting .the law gives us that ,is been like that since Roman times I been here probably longer that you and before you spill your comments again full of insults and ignorance which is expected from someone like you , take some time and reflect on your comments. Those offices in new York do you know the areas that they work or the times or the type of calls that they were responding the consequences surrounding the incident have you review case by case each incident were you there to determined that the suspect did not opposed the officer command at any time . why wasn't all those hundreds of officers prosecuted for false arrest . did the court system dismissed most of that type of cases not because they are illegal but the court is trying to avoid giving extra time and overflowing the jail system very well knowing that no one wants to go to jail and opposed the officer making the arrest of course followed by liberal court and totally disrespect for law enforcement nowadays informed yourself you obviously have no idea about law enforcement
    I believe your making his case for him. Just because someone doesn't obey you. Your going to arrest them? Yes, each is on it's own merit. To me depending upon the reason for contact. Now, I can only speck for myself. Having only worked in 10 & 40 sector, while I was in patrol. The tribes, in those hoods, don't care about the uniform or what you have to say most of the time. Arresting for a charge that as your pulling out the sally port, they are released out the front door. Tapping at your window for a ride back. No thanks. Now, let use you logit for a second. You go to arrest one for R.A. sh!t hits the fan, you send out your 3 the world responds. Now, how's this new day and age of supervisors or command going to view you? I just a few months shy of my 30. So it's possible, I have a little more experience dealing with the way the department views certain things. I'm not thin skinned, I would pop a smart azz cop in the mouth before one on the street, cause it's the uniform the street one is mouthing off about not me personally. Now, I don't care if you like me. Fine fault with my so called logit. It doesn't matter, we can argue till we both numb in the fingers typing back-n-forward. I've chased bailouts and still only charged with the GTO. It's easier for you to be the type of officer you want to be and I'll respect that. Stats play a big roll in our actions out on the street, we all know it. Advice that was given to me years ago. If you take everything said to you personally. It will slowly eat at you till your on medication or damned near flat lined, when rescues get to you.

Unregistered
    You are misinterpreting everything , this is about the validity of a resisting arrest charge, period nothing more . the original post talks about the use of RA charges to blamed and accuse officers as corrupt for creating those charges that in the mind of the writer are use as a tool for corrupt officers. Now , yourself as a law enforcement officer must understand and always read between the lines , the issue is about the validity of those charges , some liberals groups lately are oppose to law enforcement doing their job and see charges like that as not been fair , they think people are oppressed and should have the right to fight back the police . imagine a society that you come to do your job and everyone that you are going to arrest has the right to fight back with no consequence. Again this is about the validity of using that type of charge that is been in the books since Roman times that's all. Not to be use as a primary charge but as secondary . we are not talking about your decision of charging someone with something, like when you said that only charge that guy with an stolen vehicle and decided not to press any other charges well that's your decision if that original charged gets dismissed there's nothing else to hold that guy and he will be back on the street to steal a car and crash into a family but again that's your decision and I'm sure you will find a way to reason and none can blame you for surviving all those years you did what you had to do . this is not about that, is something bigger that is going on now where law enforcement is under attack and statutes on the books are been challenge it will only lead to anarchy

Unregistered
    You are misinterpreting everything , this is about the validity of a resisting arrest charge, period nothing more . the original post talks about the use of RA charges to blamed and accuse officers as corrupt for creating those charges that in the mind of the writer are use as a tool for corrupt officers. Now , yourself as a law enforcement officer must understand and always read between the lines , the issue is about the validity of those charges , some liberals groups lately are oppose to law enforcement doing their job and see charges like that as not been fair , they think people are oppressed and should have the right to fight back the police . imagine a society that you come to do your job and everyone that you are going to arrest has the right to fight back with no consequence. Again this is about the validity of using that type of charge that is been in the books since Roman times that's all. Not to be use as a primary charge but as secondary . we are not talking about your decision of charging someone with something, like when you said that only charge that guy with an stolen vehicle and decided not to press any other charges well that's your decision if that original charged gets dismissed there's nothing else to hold that guy and he will be back on the street to steal a car and crash into a family but again that's your decision and I'm sure you will find a way to reason and none can blame you for surviving all those years you did what you had to do . this is not about that, is something bigger that is going on now where law enforcement is under attack and statutes on the books are been challenge it will only lead to anarchy
    I don't disagree with you. Police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a choice that's all. I got no problem if one stack all the charges against those arrested as long as it correct and deserved. Now, as far a police being under attack. Sure, we see it and some times (rarely) it's deserved. The community doesn't remember the last good things a officer does. All they remember is that a officer in uniform did this or that. He!!, it could be across the country and CNN reports it and NOW were all guilty. I don't know how long you've been here. Let me give you some history of the department when I came on. ANYONE ever hits a cop, they leave with a limp so they think better of it next time. You put an officer in the hospital, you should surrender two counties over. Cops, back each other, period! Now, later if we learned the officer was the reason, generally a talking too, to chill. If that did get thru, dust bowl time. Not, saying I'm a badazz, or I ever visited the dust bowl but it was done. No one ratted. Now, I sit and watch this new generation of Miami cops. Many are great but more then before are ones you can't trust as much as before. Many officers bring their own troubles upon themselves. We see it every week. Now, we have less then a second to make a life altering decision. The media, attorney's and court have weeks to months. To rip it apart and every bad prior act committed by anyone in the department is news again. Sure cops get a raw deal, mostly we've done it to ourselves. If more then one you know, what you did was questionable. Ouch! cause F&F talk, deals are made to help yourself out of I.S or are great new I.A. if ones in trouble.

Unregistered
    I agreed , those are the times that we are living now , who knows how it will be twenty years from now

Unregistered
    Slow your roll. We don't have any rats employed at MPD. Never have and never will. We just have some of the best deal makers, known to law enforcement. You may say he wore a wire? He'll claim it's a new device to enhances the hearing impaired. Which is being tested. You say he's making video's or taking pictures? Wrong again, it's for a travel mag. To highlight the great city of Miami and it's employees. You say I get getting calls of found property, money drugs, things of value, to test my integrity? Again no, just everybody doing their part to keep Miami beautiful. You say I got I.A. following me? Sorry no again, they want to keep you safe, showing you the love. You say my supervisor rides me all night long?? OUCH! Well, no! He or she was a only child and wants to be special friends, never having a brother or sister give them a chance. See, they don't know how to go about it correctly. You say why do the FEDS want to talk to me? Your a very smart person and may have value, to teach them how to interact with other L.E. agencies people and not look down their noes at them. See, we all have something we can give back! Not, just collect that paycheck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast