Future Fellow Agents Conduct Applicant's Background Investigation?

Unregistered

Future Fellow Agents Conduct Applicant's Background Investigation?

Lemme get this straight: when applying for DIF, your (potentially future) fellow co-worker agents conduct your background investigation? Gee, I don't see any problem with that...

Except of course when Bubba wants to help his buddy get the opening in his office...just skim over anything that might not reflect well. After all, you guys were fishing buddies back when you worked at that hocky-poke low-crime PD.

And then you can make federal cases over any minor BS that competing applicants might have.

Yeah, real professional.

Unregistered

and...

who, pray tell, would you suggest do your BI? Let me guess? We should have a Detective come down from Tally or another Field Office to do yours and pay to put them up at a hotel, meals, etc. for the duration because you feel one from the local Field Office (i.e. your future co-workers) cannot be unbiased and professional in their duties.

Yes, I can tell from your thoughtful and very insightful post that you must have been the most qualified applicant. I would not have approved your file to leave the Field Office interview and get to a BI, so you certainly got further than you should have based upon your attitude alone, sir or madam.

We do not need another someone in this agency who thinks they are better than anyone or everyone; we are too small of an agency for that.

Unregistered
    Sounds like you both have a point: probably not cost effective to have agents from Tally travel to do it, yet I can see how there would be favoritism in a regional office of having agents handling the BI for potential agents they personally like, and against others. I guess it's all up to the ability and honesty of the agents doing the BI.

Unregistered
    Having done several BI's for applicants, I can tell you that the way you assume it works isn't at all how it works.

1- Your application goes straight to HQ for review.

2- If you pass initial review, you go through the selection process, which includes physical agility, detective's assessment exam, and an oral board interview with several detectives and supervisors.

3- Those results are then reported back to Tallahassee and scored by HQ.

4- If you scored high enough, THEN the rest of the process begins. Your file is given to an analyst who runs your credit, driver, and criminal background, as well as prior employment verification. Then a detective will get your packet for BI and you will be sent to complete the polygraph and psych.

5- The detective conducting the BI reports ALL findings (with prior agency records) back to Tallahassee. The process is the usual: agency checks (hire/leave dates, commendations, write-ups, awards), neighborhood checks to include landlord/association references, personal and work references, etc.

6- HQ makes the final hiring decision.

Unregistered
    Lemme get this straight! i guess you didn't pass the background !!!! AHH too bad

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Having done several BI's for applicants, I can tell you that the way you assume it works isn't at all how it works.

1- Your application goes straight to HQ for review.

2- If you pass initial review, you go through the selection process, which includes physical agility, detective's assessment exam, and an oral board interview with several detectives and supervisors.

3- Those results are then reported back to Tallahassee and scored by HQ.

4- If you scored high enough, THEN the rest of the process begins. Your file is given to an analyst who runs your credit, driver, and criminal background, as well as prior employment verification. Then a detective will get your packet for BI and you will be sent to complete the polygraph and psych.

5- The detective conducting the BI reports ALL findings (with prior agency records) back to Tallahassee. The process is the usual: agency checks (hire/leave dates, commendations, write-ups, awards), neighborhood checks to include landlord/association references, personal and work references, etc.

6- HQ makes the final hiring decision.
    Does each FO have a poly, or do they sub it out to the local agency?

Unregistered
    Place is full of too many wanna bees and been there done that's who will throw you under the bus to look good. Play it safe look somewhere else!