There is someone worse off than you.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

I finally just needed to say it. Everyone single post on here can't have a valid discussion because some low-life who hates his job wants to moan and complain each and every day.

Folks, I want to remind you that working at Walmart, Subway, O'Reillys and even a nice hotel, all of these jobs top out at $10-11 an hour. And remember, you get no over time.
    Also, in North FL, none of the SOs or PDs make over $30-34k. And have the insurance is outrageous for them. I was talking to a deputy who makes $28,000 annually and they ask $1500 a month for insurance from them. Just because in Miami 38k isn't a lot, doesn't mean the other 1600 troopers aren't appreciative of it.

We get payed $38k at minimal, 12-16 hours of SOAR a week, plenty of
    208, and excellent insurance and benefits and retirement. And for what? We write tickets, work crashes, and do our sole purpose, traffic enforcement.

We get this, while some deputies are wishing they even got incidental overtime. A lot of SOs refuse to pay OT and give them comp.

Folks, this will be one of the last times I say this. If you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of fresh bodies in the academy for will enjoy it and be happy while working. This is a great agency.
    If you don't like it, I'm serious, leave.

Bunch of cry babies.

Unregistered

Same old

And those fresh bodies in the academy you constantly speak of, will leave FHP for other higher paying LE agencies once they're trained and certified. Sure folks guy, let's keeping wasting taxpayer's money sending recruits to the academy.

Of course, they'll stick around for 2 years to avoid paying back the training costs and then leave.

Unregistered
    I don’t believe that was the real Folks Guy. Especially how this person ended the post, that’s not the Folks Guy style.

A lot of imitators out there ....

Unregistered
    Well Folks, that was Fake News

Unregistered
    I’m still waiting to see all these fresh “bodies” I keep hearing so much about....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t believe that was the real Folks Guy. Especially how this person ended the post, that’s not the Folks Guy style.

A lot of imitators out there ....
    Good point he usually closes his argument with “write good tickets” so yeah, I call imposter

Unregistered
    Also, in North FL, none of the SOs or PDs make over $30-34k.
    I work for a SO in north FL and our starting pay is around $40k. Note that I said starting, as in it goes up from there because we have a step plan. Yes, some of the small rural counties pay around $30k (maybe even less), but by and large most LEOs in this state still make as much as or more than Troopers. Go green!

Unregistered

Thumbs up

I finally just needed to say it. Everyone single post on here can't have a valid discussion because some low-life who hates his job wants to moan and complain each and every day.

Folks, I want to remind you that working at Walmart, Subway, O'Reillys and even a nice hotel, all of these jobs top out at $10-11 an hour. And remember, you get no over time.
    Also, in North FL, none of the SOs or PDs make over $30-34k. And have the insurance is outrageous for them. I was talking to a deputy who makes $28,000 annually and they ask $1500 a month for insurance from them. Just because in Miami 38k isn't a lot, doesn't mean the other 1600 troopers aren't appreciative of it.

We get payed $38k at minimal, 12-16 hours of SOAR a week, plenty of
    208, and excellent insurance and benefits and retirement. And for what? We write tickets, work crashes, and do our sole purpose, traffic enforcement.

We get this, while some deputies are wishing they even got incidental overtime. A lot of SOs refuse to pay OT and give them comp.

Folks, this will be one of the last times I say this. If you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of fresh bodies in the academy for will enjoy it and be happy while working. This is a great agency.
    If you don't like it, I'm serious, leave.

Bunch of cry babies.
    This is definitely not the "Folks guy". The Folks guy has common sense and the above poster does not.

So the northern SO's make 28,000 annually and pay out 1500 a month on health insurance??? That's just complete BS!

Also, not to mention the above poster has horrible grammar compared to the original. The fact he tries to bait you with Walmart and Subway employees to State Troopers is laughable. It's insane how the hiring process has taken a turn for the worse.

Unregistered
    I work for a SO in north FL and our starting pay is around $40k. Note that I said starting, as in it goes up from there because we have a step plan. Yes, some of the small rural counties pay around $30k (maybe even less), but by and large most LEOs in this state still make as much as or more than Troopers. Go green!
    Below is the FDLE reported 2015 starting pay for the below listed Sheriffs Offices.. Many many of them are below FHP starting pay, with no 208 minimal OT and details available. So yes looking at North FL FHP is highly competitive.

Agency County Entry Min Salary
    Alachua County Sheriff's Office Alachua $ 36,622
    Baker County Sheriff's Office Baker $ 32,034
    Bay County Sheriff's Office Bay $ 30,000 $ 35,000
    Bradford County Sheriff's Office Bradford $ 28,000
    Brevard County Sheriff's Office Brevard $ 36,545
    Broward County Sheriff's Office Broward $ 42,304
    Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Charlotte $ 39,520
    Clay County Sheriff's Office Clay $ 36,075 $ 48,237
    Collier County Sheriff's Office Collier $ 43,795
    Columbia County Sheriff's Office Columbia $ 33,000
    Desoto County Sheriff's Office DeSoto $ 33,469