Desecalate - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Desecalate

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do tell since i missed what happened ? Hopefully none of us got hurt.
    Two bad guys, during two separate incidents, knew that were are being trained to deescalate. So each bad guy took advantage of the situations and responded to deescalation with deadly force.

The deputies went from, "We must deescalate" to "FUUCCKK THAT!" real quick and shot the bad guys. One bad guy was holding a screwdriver and charging the deputy. The other bad guy had a gun. No deputies were hurt because they said "FFUUCCK this deescalation bullshit !"

Unregistered
    Well JR Burton would be very upset with that so thank goodness he gone. Armed suspect n thy didnt wait till the bad guy shot first is a use of force violation now according to him.

Unregistered
    Is JR Burton running the show again cuz what i heard today makes me think he s still in charge. So an experienced deputy in D5 follows a sig 12 motorcycle and stopped at all traffic signals, never used his lights or sirens, but gets done for using deadly force via a road block when the motorcycle turns n charges at him. He gets suspended, loses his master n raise ($5000 hit) for trying do the right thing then u wonder why people hate this place n the morale sucks. Even his supervisor was flabber gased when he got the phone call on scene to start investigation. Congrats CC ur doing a great job. Again nothing changes. Tell all ur friends n family not vote for this guy with this kinda crap going on.

Unregistered
    Some of the time, someone can do everything right except one little thing. You mentioned the word road block. Road blocks have traditionally been considered deadly force. An investigation will confirm if such action was deadly force it not. Maybe the term was used inappropriately. At that time, a determination will be made to exonerate or discipline the deputy. You simply can not do road blocks and use deadly force for incidents that do not justify such despite all of the traffic laws you obey.

Unregistered
    Some of the time, someone can do everything right except one little thing. You mentioned the word road block. Road blocks have traditionally been considered deadly force. An investigation will confirm if such action was deadly force it not. Maybe the term was used inappropriately. At that time, a determination will be made to exonerate or discipline the deputy. You simply can not do road blocks and use deadly force for incidents that do not justify such despite all of the traffic laws you obey.
    This is the reason why I pull over (Well off the roadway) and just enjoy the show... (If it's a car, I'll have my stopsticks handy, and use them ONLY IF TOLD TO USE THEM.) (Ohh yeah, I'll also hope and pray that the car doesn't come my way.) Sadly, this is where Law Enforcement has gone....

Unregistered
    That is the way it has been for a long time. Deadly force is deadly force. It is either justifiable or not. If you have trouble figuring out the rules and decide not to do you job, so be it. Just don’t blame it on the administration.

Unregistered
    Well JR Burton would be very upset with that so thank goodness he gone. Armed suspect n thy didnt wait till the bad guy shot first is a use of force violation now according to him.
    I'm not really sure what Burton's use of force criteria was, as I only talked to him a few times and I never really got a warm feeling talking to him. Law Enforcement as a whole is in serious trouble.. Talking to everyday citizens, alot of them believe that we should have to wait till guns are actually pointed at us (In plain view), before we are allowed to use deadly force.. I remember arguing with people about the incident where two police officers were on the ground fighting with a subject who had a firearm (And his hand in the pocket with the firearm (in his pocket) and wearing baggy pants.) Many people didnt't believe that the officer was justified using deadly force, even after they realiazed he had a gun due the fact that he didn't have it out of his pocket.) I asked them if THEY would be confident that they would not get shot wrestling with someone with a pocketed gun.. I informed them that I (Or a bad guy) could easily fire off their gun while it was in a pants pocket, and that the chances were pretty good that I could put a round or two in somenone.

Unregistered
    Let me repeat his supervisor on scene cleared him. Then the above decided to do him

Unregistered
    And I hate to say it, but some supervisors will go to any extent to defend their deputies, that or to avoid conducting a formal investigation. If an investigation is conducted, it will document the facts, which may or not be as you know them.

Unregistered

You got it all wrong

Next time there is an issue, walk out to you car get in it and leave.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast