Desecalate - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Desecalate

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can actually think of names that would disprove this theory but nonetheless, what everyone seems to loose sight of is this is a pyramid organization. We have over 4000 employees. If you add up every supervisor, both jail and patrol, every "cush" position you can think of, all of it is less than 10% of the total. Therefore, the simple math is that the majority of us will never see promotion, aviation, marine unit or k9. It really doesn't make financial or organizational sense to train a person to fly a helicopter, handle a k9, or become boat captain and rotate them out in three years to give another person a turn.

I don't know you, but I am certain if you wound up in the coveted position you desire someone else would have a problem with it and feel you didn't deserve it. You would instantly become a golden boy because you are the object of their ire and have what they want. Favoritism, both real and perceived, is part of every organization; public and private. You are right, many good people are passed up for assignments and promotion. We are an organization of good people, unfortunately not everyone will be able to get promoted.

This. Very well stated.

Unregistered
    When I saw the news last night that a coward school deputy never entered the school in Parkland when all those kids were being killed. Then Inthink of this deescalation crap they teach and it dawn on me that maybe its beckme a mindset with some where therir afraid to engage. I remember listening to that idiot JR Burton in inservice talking about how we should wait before engaging sonthings like this doesnt surprise me. Real bravery in this office is frowned on.

Unregistered
    I have never met a police officer that is a coward. What I have seen were officers that were constantly scared to act ue to multiple conflicting commands and constant reminders about how we will be fired or sued for everything you can imagine. I see a squad full of cops who are scared of not being supported, having to hire their own lawyers, and terrified this agency or the fake media wont support them. Basically cops brains full of nonesense interference with no grounded calm confident thinking. Just worries and “what if” questions. All due to poir leadership. Whey did all yhe deputies stand down but all the police officers run in??? Policy and support differences betweem the two agencies.

Unregistered
    BS no policy as you claim keeps one from doing what's right, that's it. And yeah cowards do get into this profession like any other.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567