New Chief rpt from the Ciity Manager to Commission

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

New Chief rpt from the Ciity Manager to Commission

At tonight's Commission, towards end of meeting, Mr Lear responded to Commissioner McDowell's enquiry about the status of the selection process for the new Police Chief.

1) STARS group identified 18 candidates, 1 has since dropped as he was hired elsewhere.
    2) Questionaires have been sent to the subset with their responses due back to STARS this week.
    3) Next will be a reduced set coming to the City Manager for his process to begin.
    4) He would like to see individual meetings with each finalist with each of the Commissioners with him present.
    5) May be a problematic timeline to make that happen.
    6) Expect there will be some element of the Commission and Public being included in the process yet to be determined
    7) Mayor Carusone offered some options used in the past for his consideration.
    8) The FD Chief selection process will follow similar process and it about 2 months behind the current progress.

Oh when Debbie referred to 'he', Lear quickly added ' .. or she!'. I hope there are some strong educated females in the mix.. but really only care that we find the BEST candidate regardless of their plumbing..
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 11-29-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: typosglaore

Link to CM update

If anyone has interest in watching the CM remarks on the Chief selection process and recruitment of new officers, here is a link. You can jump to the 2:26:30 mark where Commissioner McDowell asks for the update. <LINK>

Chief Applicant Pool Intros and Resumes

I have posted the pool of 6 Chief Applicants on City Watch page on FB. No female applicants, No Morales but 6 Educated and Experienced.

Chief Applicant Meet and Greet Rescheduled 2/26

I will request the new applicant resumes and share when I get em.

Debbie McDowell
    Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 4:52 PM
    To: City Watch North Port Fl
    Subject: FW: Social Meet & Greet with Police Chief Candidates.

Stephanie –
    I received the new date (info below) for meeting the police chief candidates.
    Hope you can make it. At this time, I don’t know the location, but I would assume it’s at the Morgan Center. I’ll be sure to let you know.

Commissioner McDowell

-----Original Appointment-----
    Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:58 PM
    To: Patsy Adkins
    Subject: Accepted: Social Meet & Greet with Police Chief Candidates.
    When: Monday, February 26, 2018 5:30 PM-7:30 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
    Where: Chambers

E-mail messages sent or received by City of North Port officials and employees in connection with official City business are public records subject to disclosure under the Florida Public Records Act.