Fhp transitional academy - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would any certified LEO would want to work for an agency that has starting pay $10k-15$ lower compared to police and SO agencies, also has a funded step plan unlike FHP.

It's hilarious if FHP expects to recruit certified LEO's to work for poverty wages. $38k? Come on now.
    Because the agency they last work for let them resign instead of formally firing them and forwarding their findings to FDLE

Unregistered
    Why would any certified LEO would want to work for an agency that has starting pay $10k-15$ lower compared to police and SO agencies, also has a funded step plan unlike FHP.

It's hilarious if FHP expects to recruit certified LEO's to work for poverty wages. $38k? Come on now.
    Because Bubba, here in North Florida being a trooper is the sh!T! Get to live in a trailer in the woods and shoot my state of the art .45 GAP out the back window screen! Now them SO and PD boys might make more but who needs a "house" and a new POV every five years? My '77 4x4 looks like new boy!Heck, the last troop meeting the Col himself came over and shook my hand and told me what a great job I was doing!

Unregistered
    Because Bubba, here in North Florida being a trooper is the sh!T! Get to live in a trailer in the woods and shoot my state of the art .45 GAP out the back window screen! Now them SO and PD boys might make more but who needs a "house" and a new POV every five years? My '77 4x4 looks like new boy!Heck, the last troop meeting the Col himself came over and shook my hand and told me what a great job I was doing!
    Now that's funny!!

Unregistered
    Some of us just want to work it’s not because we come with baggage we want to start as fast as possible and FHP provides that but from what I’m seeing the past two months it seems like they are taking their sweet time to hire certified officers. I guess they are still stuffed from the turkey..

Unregistered
    FHP would rather waste their resources sending recruits to the academy to be trained and certified just for them to leave for a PD or SO.

Unregistered
    Some of us just want to work it’s not because we come with baggage we want to start as fast as possible and FHP provides that but from what I’m seeing the past two months it seems like they are taking their sweet time to hire certified officers. I guess they are still stuffed from the turkey..
    Start as fast as possible? At FHP!? You can get hired on at a local agency MUCH faster. Most will do the ENTIRE hiring process in one week. And no transitional academy required, hit the road on FTO or an abbreviated FTO if you have experience. FHP’s process is long, drawn out, with tons of required travel plus the transitional academy. So what are you talking about? Sure it’s not baggage?

Unregistered
    Start as fast as possible? At FHP!? You can get hired on at a local agency MUCH faster. Most will do the ENTIRE hiring process in one week. And no transitional academy required, hit the road on FTO or an abbreviated FTO if you have experience. FHP’s process is long, drawn out, with tons of required travel plus the transitional academy. So what are you talking about? Sure it’s not baggage?
    What department in south Florida do you know that does the entire process in a week with no law enforcement experience . Please **** off

Unregistered
    What department in south Florida do you know that does the entire process in a week with no law enforcement experience . Please **** off
    Unless you know someone in the department, then you're stuck waiting for at least a year before you get hired.

Unregistered
    I came from out of state w/ LE experience. Most agencies I applied for in south Florida offered me a one trip down process that took only one week. From time of application to hire date was 4 months. With that said, I have a flawless LE employment record with only one agency and no skeletons, so that may have helped.

Unregistered
    I came from out of state w/ LE experience. Most agencies I applied for in south Florida offered me a one trip down process that took only one week. From time of application to hire date was 4 months. With that said, I have a flawless LE employment record with only one agency and no skeletons, so that may have helped.
    You had LE experience that’s why if you were fresh out of the academy good luck.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast