Fhp transitional academy - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Just do it. It’s an easy job.

Unregistered

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I highly agree about the dismantle of the transitional academy and, just have the certified cadets start fto.
    Uhmm, so the heck with officers who more than meet the road experience. Guys with years as Trooper experience under their belts should have to go for 9 months to an academy, like they've already completed, to learn how to put on a duty belt really.
    The only reason a transitional course is required so that officers who only worked in other agencies meet the required training for scrutiny in court. By showing state certified, and flhp trainned a defense lawer can't just have court dismiss traffic tickets/ criminal convictions.
    Great job by flhp getting laterals and needs to continue.

Unregistered
    Uhmm, so the heck with officers who more than meet the road experience. Guys with years as Trooper experience under their belts should have to go for 9 months to an academy, like they've already completed, to learn how to put on a duty belt really.
    The only reason a transitional course is required so that officers who only worked in other agencies meet the required training for scrutiny in court. By showing state certified, and flhp trainned a defense lawer can't just have court dismiss traffic tickets/ criminal convictions.
    Tell me what is the difference between a state trooper and a police officer that is state certified? Under 943, 880 hours is required regardless if you're a trooper or "other" police officer. What is a "fhp" trained defense lawyer? What specialization does a defense attorney need to scrutinize a trooper versus a regular cop? (who is also state certified).

Bring yourself down to reality. A trooper is no more certified than a florida city or county officer. And a defense attorney that knows how to dismantle a traffic case will do it equally to a trooper as to an officer.

Unregistered
    Really????What type of training does FHP require that other FLORIDA agencies dont require? If I am not mistaken they (FHP) offer the same training.
    L.A.S.E.R....RADAR. It's all the same...You must be a brand new security wannabe trooper..

Unregistered
    Seems as though FHP should allow certified officers to bypass the academy and go straight to an abbreviated FTO. What will brass do of this stuff gets really bad

Unregistered
    Seems as though FHP should allow certified officers to bypass the academy and go straight to an abbreviated FTO.
    Does any state in the Union allow that? Just one?

Unregistered
    Does any state in the Union allow that? Just one?
    Are you serious. If you are already certified in Florida then why should you have to attend another academy.
    If a trooper leaves FHP and gets hired at another agency in Florida, they go thru FTO ( an abbreviated one at that) and do not have to attend another academy.

Unregistered
    Seems as though FHP should allow certified officers to bypass the academy and go straight to an abbreviated FTO.

Does any State [Police or Patrol] in the Union allow that? Just one?

Are you serious. If you are already certified in Florida then why should you have to attend another academy.

If a trooper leaves FHP and gets hired at another agency in Florida, they go thru FTO ( an abbreviated one at that) and do not have to attend another academy.
    Please allow me to dumb-down the question for you. I'll type slow so you can understand the question:

Does any State Police/Patrol agency in the United States allow lateral transfers from county or city departments, in lieu of attending an abbreviated or accelerated state patrol academy?

Unregistered
    Please allow me to dumb-down the question for you. I'll type slow so you can understand the question:

Does any State Police/Patrol agency in the United States allow lateral transfers from county or city departments, in lieu of attending an abbreviated or accelerated state patrol academy?
    Well Jethro, I am not a lateral. So I cant answer that

projection

Well Jethro, I am not a lateral. So I cant answer that
    You didn't type the question slow enough for him to understand.

No, there is not one single State Patrol in the U.S. that will allow a municipal or county officer to skip the official State Patrol Academy. Some State Patrols will allow an accelerated or abbreviated course for certified municipal officer, but they must go through some sort of Patrol Academy indoctrination to work as a trooper. Period.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast