Better than a Picture ( For the DUH People ) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered

Florida is a weird state after all

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look, we have a LEO and a Probation Officer in the family. One has a certificate that says Certified LEO and the other says Certified Probation Officer.
    So, what is the issue here? If we were one in the same. We would not have two different certificates.
    I'm from the beautoful state of NY and it seems like it's a bit different I'm here . For example there are 2 classication in the state of LEOs..Peace officers and police officers.. under the law both can do same ..some peace officer carry under badge ..all police do.. all peace officer and police can arrest on duty and off duty the the biggest difference in this state is peace cannot arrest solely on the warrant they need pc for a stop as oppose to police they can just use reasonable suspcion. With that said. CO is a peace officer..some peace officer officers can write summons ...car stop ...arrest ..among other things . Bottom line peace and police can do almost everything. Now there's two types of.certificatio. ..Peace officer and police officer both have the same authority different title ..

Unregistered

C9nt

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm from the beautoful state of NY and it seems like it's a bit different I'm here . For example there are 2 classication in the state of LEOs..Peace officers and police officers.. under the law both can do same ..some peace officer carry under badge ..all police do.. all peace officer and police can arrest on duty and off duty the the biggest difference in this state is peace cannot arrest solely on the warrant they need pc for a stop as oppose to police they can just use reasonable suspcion. With that said. CO is a peace officer..some peace officer officers can write summons ...car stop ...arrest ..among other things . Bottom line peace and police can do almost everything. Now there's two types of.certificatio. ..Peace officer and police officer both have the same authority different title ..
    These are parole officers ..for the nys dept of correction ..under the law they are peace officers who attended a parole academy..their graduation certificate say parole officer so so ..but their Leo certification say pea ce officer

https://youtu.be/k97NPsSywXM

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345