Dear John
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear John

Unregistered

Post Dear John

An open letter to John Rivera

Dear John,

As most if not all should know by now, you lost your position as Executive President of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. As someone who has been in law enforcement for a number of years, I saw the good and the bad. I participated in a number of PBA sponsored events and worked with others that just needed help. In the beginning, you had a number of ideas and positive changes that needed to happen to provide strong support for ALL of the members. I have only one question. What happened to you? You were someone that everyone knew would step up and defend all officers from being targets by media, public and angry citizens.
    What happened to you? You believed that there is strength in numbers and would work to bring those numbers into view at Government meetings, protests, and in front of the public with well thought out ways to communicate the important ideas that was acceptable and accepted by the public.
    Over the past few years I watched you rip into members to the point you wanted to assassinate their character, position, Integrity and credibility. It didn't matter to you and other board members that these people are and have been dues paying members in good standing for many years. You didn't care. You threw away and completely disregarded equal representation for ALL DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Overall, you lost your soul. There was no even playing field anymore, it was your field and if no one adopted your thoughts, ideas, and repercussions then they didn't need to be on your field.
    Its a sad ending to a long career that didn't have to end in this way. YOU CHOSE THIS WAY.
    I don't have any funny quips to end with so I will just say that you have some burnt bridges to repair! You should reach out to those you know you screwed and give them a heartfelt apology. YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE. You owe them at least that much. So pull yourself up by your bootstraps, stand up and do the honorable and right thing.

Enjoy your retirement. Thanks for reading.

PS. maybe you should have paid attention to the blogs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear John,

As most if not all should know by now, you lost your position as Executive President of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. As someone who has been in law enforcement for a number of years, I saw the good and the bad. I participated in a number of PBA sponsored events and worked with others that just needed help. In the beginning, you had a number of ideas and positive changes that needed to happen to provide strong support for ALL of the members. I have only one question. What happened to you? You were someone that everyone knew would step up and defend all officers from being targets by media, public and angry citizens.
    What happened to you? You believed that there is strength in numbers and would work to bring those numbers into view at Government meetings, protests, and in front of the public with well thought out ways to communicate the important ideas that was acceptable and accepted by the public.
    Over the past few years I watched you rip into members to the point you wanted to assassinate their character, position, Integrity and credibility. It didn't matter to you and other board members that these people are and have been dues paying members in good standing for many years. You didn't care. You threw away and completely disregarded equal representation for ALL DUES PAYING MEMBERS. Overall, you lost your soul. There was no even playing field anymore, it was your field and if no one adopted your thoughts, ideas, and repercussions then they didn't need to be on your field.
    Its a sad ending to a long career that didn't have to end in this way. YOU CHOSE THIS WAY.
    I don't have any funny quips to end with so I will just say that you have some burnt bridges to repair! You should reach out to those you know you screwed and give them a heartfelt apology. YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE. You owe them at least that much. So pull yourself up by your bootstraps, stand up and do the honorable and right thing.

This writer is spot on! For those that were not hired or too young to have known John in the early years he was 100% opposite of what he is now, I honestly don't know why but he became what he originally fought against.

The sad aspect of this is that most people will remember this John and not the one that did some great things for all of us.
    But there is no debate that change was badly needed.

Unregistered
    Forget screwing over members. By far, the worst he did was standing idle as Gimenez and Juan Perez tore up every bureau, unit and squad. Little opposition to body cameras, legalization of marihuana and of course, the embarassing hip hop dances of a juvenile man-servant director in front of HQ. Under Rivera's watch we went from being considered the top police department in the Southeast to the laughingstock of all law enforcement. Now if we could get rid of Perezand elect a decent mayor in 2020, maybe we can go back to normal once again.

Unregistered
    Forget screwing over members. By far, the worst he did was standing idle as Gimenez and Juan Perez tore up every bureau, unit and squad. Little opposition to body cameras, legalization of marihuana and of course, the embarassing hip hop dances of a juvenile man-servant director in front of HQ. Under Rivera's watch we went from being considered the top police department in the Southeast to the laughingstock of all law enforcement. Now if we could get rid of Perezand elect a decent mayor in 2020, maybe we can go back to normal once again.
    Normal according to whom? The third worlders? Dade County is beyond normal. Too much time has passed for ‘normal’ to be understood by the crap that has been hired and promoted. MDPD is no more than an extension of government welfare; just like Solid Waste and Corrections.

They should consider an extension of ‘The Wall’ and have it at the Dade/Broward (more likely Palm Beach) County line.

Unregistered

Dear John,

Here's an idea go back to buying property with your felon friend!

Unregistered
    Normal according to whom? The third worlders? Dade County is beyond normal. Too much time has passed for ‘normal’ to be understood by the crap that has been hired and promoted. MDPD is no more than an extension of government welfare; just like Solid Waste and Corrections.

They should consider an extension of ‘The Wall’ and have it at the Dade/Broward (more likely Palm Beach) County line.
    Listen MOTHER ****ER, unless you are a Miccusukee or a Seminole, STFU. There is more crime and poverty in Palm Beach, up in Tampa or Jacksonville than here. Tell us what ethnicity you are and I will give you plenty of examples of misfits and losers. I sure hope you are not now or ever were a cop in this department.

Unregistered
    Listen MOTHER ****ER, unless you are a Miccusukee or a Seminole, STFU. There is more crime and poverty in Palm Beach, up in Tampa or Jacksonville than here. Tell us what ethnicity you are and I will give you plenty of examples of misfits and losers. I sure hope you are not now or ever were a cop in this department.
    triggered much? go ahead and take your knee.....we all know you want to.

Unregistered
    a legit dear john letter. ::two thumbs up::

In all seriousness this is the truth. Somewhere around 2005-2010 he lost his ability to lead, and picked political fights he couldn't win.. and defended people who shouldn't have been defended, and lost our money.

The wrong battles were fought and lost.

Unregistered
    triggered much? go ahead and take your knee.....we all know you want to.
    You are an un American SOB. You bleed racism and bigotry. Let me tell you something you ass rag, visit the Viet Nam Wall and there you will find the names of honorable young men of every race, ethnicity and creed. I am glad I never came across you when I was in this department because if you would have expressed yourself in that tone or fashion I would have put my foot pretty deep in your anal cavity. Bet you don't have the manhood to say something like that publicly so continue to suffer in your silent misery a-hole.

Unregistered
    a legit dear john letter. ::two thumbs up::

In all seriousness this is the truth. Somewhere around 2005-2010 he lost his ability to lead, and picked political fights he couldn't win.. and defended people who shouldn't have been defended, and lost our money.

The wrong battles were fought and lost.
    Let’s not forget the old PBA health insurance that John allowed to get run into the ground and the County bailed us out to the tune of millions.

John made back room promises with county politicians in order to not come out smelling like a crook. Those promises resulted in the membership taking it in the rear. He sold us out in 1999.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast