PBA election is over. A chence to solidify our bargaining unit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

PBA election is over. A chence to solidify our bargaining unit

Now that the election is over, the incoming director and board has a decesion to make. Does he continue with business as usual dragging our department further into a hole or does he make our bargaining unit transparent for the benefit of its members? Does he "surrender" to the Mayor and his extension (a clueless department director more interested in his retirement benefits than the benefit of the department) or does he demand that each unit member be treated fairly by the administration? Does he look out for the proper use of department resources or does he continue to support our director's decisions to take a law enforcement functions and turn it into a community service only intended to keep criminals satisfied?
    We have taken so many unanswered licks the last seven years. It is now time to bargain for the advantage of our unit in a respectful tone but always looking out for the benefit of our members. Also, those who have contributed to the lack of transparency for so many years should now be shown the door. We thank them for their service and we hopefully move forward to a better future. To those who took on an entrenched administration and beat it soundly, congratulations and remember it was the membership that got you there. Honor our support and our brown gown.

Unregistered
    Nothing will change except a whole new crew of power seekers pulling off their scam at the PBA.

Unregistered
    John, you lost due to that dirtbag Jenkins. Nobody wanted him as VP.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that the election is over, the incoming director and board has a decesion to make. Does he continue with business as usual dragging our department further into a hole or does he make our bargaining unit transparent for the benefit of its members? Does he "surrender" to the Mayor and his extension (a clueless department director more interested in his retirement benefits than the benefit of the department) or does he demand that each unit member be treated fairly by the administration? Does he look out for the proper use of department resources or does he continue to support our director's decisions to take a law enforcement functions and turn it into a community service only intended to keep criminals satisfied?
    We have taken so many unanswered licks the last seven years. It is now time to bargain for the advantage of our unit in a respectful tone but always looking out for the benefit of our members. Also, those who have contributed to the lack of transparency for so many years should now be shown the door. We thank them for their service and we hopefully move forward to a better future. To those who took on an entrenched administration and beat it soundly, congratulations and remember it was the membership that got you there. Honor our support and our brown gown.
    Personally I don't care how we get there. I have seen and benefitted from all the protection and increases afforded me during my 15 years. The taking is done- now show me the money new administration. Show me what you got and how your style works. Like I said I don't care how it's done. Do it nice, do it rough just bring my the goods as well or better than the RIVERA era so I can become a believer.

Unregistered
    I agree. I think some people associated JENKINS with RIVERA but now I'm learning he's really part of Stahl's plan. He's number 2 so if for some reason Stahl can't continue, Jenkins takes it over. Wtf?

Unregistered
    Nothing will change except a whole new crew of power seekers pulling off their scam at the PBA.
    This statement is most accurate. Let us not forget, the County gives us what they want us to have. We have no say. Just a dog and pony show.

Unregistered
    Ditto. But i want to see term limits done right away. No more than two terms. And remove the restrictions, i should be eleigible to run without all those restrictions

Unregistered
    Man are you sure about that statement? Jenkins was Steadman's homey. They did everything together and campaign together.

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell us what a “Chence ” is?

Unregistered
    When us our next contract

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast