Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New sso loc

Unregistered

New sso loc

Heard the new loc is a (nightmare)????

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What do you think is good or bad about the location?

Citizen's probably wonder why it completely closes down after 7pm. LOL

Knight is very sensitive about it, probably due to all the politics involved i.e.
    • Money -- should have a surplus after cancelling two court services security checkpoints (in violation of the judge's order) -- where did the budgeted money go? What did it get spent on?
    • No longer spending money on front desk personnel at 2071 -- but where did the money go?
    • No new jail (when that's what's needed)

Unregistered
    It's better for him because he's closer to home, so it's a shorter drive.

It's near Bee Ridge & Cattleman, which is completely clogged during rush hour and is probably the worst intersection in the county because it's adjacent to the I75 entry-point. During evening rush hour, if you're going eastbound, it can take several light-cycles to get through the intersection because there are too many cars driving that way. It's best just to avoid that intersection altogether (if possible, depending on your location). It seems that all the north county I75 entry-points are eventually going to become clogged, with the possible exception of Clark Road.

Unregistered
    It seems that all the north county I75 entry-points are eventually going to become clogged, with the possible exception of Clark Road.
    It will take several years for build-out, but you can rest assured that every I75 access point will be jammed shut with traffic. Sarasota County commissioners approved a 9000+ home development on the southeast corner of Clark and I75 and Venice City commissioners approved a 2500+ home development immediately south of that (north of laurel and east of I75).

Knight got his new unneeded office and he continues to neglect the fact that we are in need of a new jail to handle present AND future growth. It's called REAL strategic planning -- and it's not the glossy strategic plan that he issues to the public. The glossy strategic plan that he issues is beautiful to look at, but it's a toothless tiger that does not address REAL growth. If Knight wants to lose jail accreditation, then in the future, he can line the new office with cots for the inmates to sleep on.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

New SSO Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous ABC7 Reporter
    The Sarasota Sheriff's Office has a new new headquarters at Cattleridge Boulevard, which is off of Cattlemen Road and north of Bee Ridge Road. The new headquarters will be staffed every day from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. People can walk in to report a crime, commend a deputy, drop-off or receive property and dispose of unwanted medications.
    Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...313!4d-82.4515

Full story:
    http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/sheri...ba3d3ad43.html
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Scuttlebutt about Front Desk and Property and guns?

Unregistered
    It's better for him because he's closer to home, so it's a shorter drive.

It's near Bee Ridge & Cattleman, which is completely clogged during rush hour and is probably the worst intersection in the county because it's adjacent to the I75 entry-point. During evening rush hour, if you're going eastbound, it can take several light-cycles to get through the intersection because there are too many cars driving that way. It's best just to avoid that intersection altogether (if possible, depending on your location). It seems that all the north county I75 entry-points are eventually going to become clogged, with the possible exception of Clark Road.

Really your complaining about traffic when it was downtown. Thats funny then we have some jailer beitching about jail over crowding. That was the best move the agency has done in years. Now 2019 new Fleet is commencing progress. Finally welcome to the 21st century. Give the jail to the county. I can't wait until 2071 its totally empty from us. Great idea Sheriff. Some of us appreciate it....

Unregistered
    Scuttlebutt about Front Desk and Property and guns?
    ///NAME DELETED/// is the only person who ever uses the term "scuttlebutt"!!! You best watch yourself!!!

Unregistered
    Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    ///NAME DELETED/// is the only person who ever uses the term "scuttlebutt"!!! You best watch yourself!!!
    "Scuttlebutt" is a military slang for "word is"....I hear it used all the time. You cant put that on one person......

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast