Pay raise next year - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Strange for Florida that CO's here are salaried unlike other states where they're on a step pay plan. I guess the state is hoping they can keep doing corrections on the cheap.

Well, that backfired and resulted in many prisons severely understaffed due to employees paid poverty wages.

DOC is just training future detention deputies for the county jails. Waste of taxpayers money.

Unregistered
    After Jone's got the COs a raise, they realized now that there starting pay is more than the Probation Officers. After certification. Man, you POs are treat like crap.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott has proposed a pay raise for LEO's next year, so it looks like we will get another raise next year. Thanks Governor.
    This is just like the sign free beer tomorrow.

Unregistered

Lightbulb

If you guys can't get a raise, perhaps Federal Bureau of Prisons at DOJ will give you hefty raise by switching over. They're hiring right now. The feds would love to snatch up a couple of experienced and certified correctional officers.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466179200

Unregistered
    Go to the FEDs

Unregistered
    Hmmmmmmm

Whats' wrong with this ????

CPO's require 4 year degree and FDLE certification. CO's are starting higher. Time to jump ship.

None of us including CO's are included in LEO raise. However, Agriculture Cops and Lotto Cops are?????????

This is what you get with a person from DMV (Jones) and a person with no experience at all (Nimer) gets put in charge of the largest State Agency in Florida.

Unregistered
    They don't care about us. And never will. Stop giving them over 100%.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They don't care about us. And never will. Stop giving them over 100%.
    The morale in my office is rock bottom and when told to the senior sup, she replied she didn't care. Some people have no business being in charge of anybody. Everyone in my office is either talking retirement or finding another job. Nobody plans on staying for long, every one is looking for the exit door.

Unregistered
    At least there are opportunities for overtime on the prison side. For probation, we dont get overtime and we get harassed if we have a 2nd job or going back to school.

Unregistered
    I've been around since the early 90's. It has gone downhill for at least 10 years and no one gives a crap about probation. We can't even get qualified applicants to interview because no one is working in this economy at a high stress job for crap wages. The only saving grace is the current health insurance. If that goes south, expect a massive exodus away from here and other state jobs.

You have new officers that are completely lost and there is no one left to show them the ropes. Supervisors, who should be leading, are just biding their time so they can escape. I've run into former officers who are now loving life at new jobs and they can't believe they ate so much crap at DC for so long.

I'm a good officer, which supposedly means that I have common sense and intelligence, so why have I been so dumb by staying at this dumpster fire of an agency? I really don't have a good answer for that anymore. Dedication to the core mission isn't even a good answer because there is no core mission. Some special goofy project in Tallahassee is more important than protecting the public. If this was a corporation, the stockholders would be in revolt by now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast